Creating TM in Wordfast from a series of existing documents
Initiator des Themas: IWagner
IWagner
IWagner  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:41
Englisch > Französisch
Jun 22, 2005

I'm 100% new to Wordfast. I have started reading the manual but before going on I'ld like to know the following: Is it possible to create a TM from existing translated documents?

Dan Marasescu
Dan Marasescu  Identity Verified
Rumänien
Local time: 08:41
Mitglied (2003)
Englisch > Rumänisch
+ ...
Yes Jun 22, 2005

Hi

Yes, it is. You need to use the Align feature in PlusTools. There is a separate manual for PlusTools.

Good luck!
Dan

IWagner wrote:

I'm 100% new to Wordfast. I have started reading the manual but before going on I'ld like to know the following: Is it possible to create a TM from existing translated documents?

IWagner
IWagner  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:41
Englisch > Französisch
THEMENSTARTER
Thanks Dan! Jun 22, 2005

I do appreciate your help. I'll do that. The problem is that there's so many manuals to read and so little time to read it!!

Dan Marasescu wrote:

Hi

Yes, it is. You need to use the Align feature in PlusTools. There is a separate manual for PlusTools.

Good luck!
Dan

IWagner wrote:

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Niederlande
Local time: 08:41
Mitglied (2006)
Englisch > Afrikaans
+ ...
It's called *alignment* Jun 23, 2005

IWagner wrote:
Is it possible to create a TM from existing translated documents?

Yes, but it can be a long process, because only part of it can be automated. Remember, when WF aligns two documents, you still have to check it manually for misalignments. For this reason I wouldn't suggest aligning documents with text you are unlikely to use again.

Alignment is done using WF and PlusTools. It takes a bit of practice, but once you got it, it's not so difficult.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Creating TM in Wordfast from a series of existing documents

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »