Pagine:   < [1 2 3] >
Final suggestions before new design becomes default?
Iniziatore argomento: Henry Dotterer
sylvie malich (X)
sylvie malich (X)
Germania
Local time: 01:38
Da Tedesco a Inglese
I'm with Andreella May 16, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-05-16 09:03, Andreella wrote:

though the new design is very nice I prefer the old one.

What I see is a lot of ready information has been lost to more advertising. Making it not prettier or easier to use. I\'m sorry that the old design will cease to be supported. The new design will take a lot of getting used to.

Deborah Shannon
Deborah Shannon  Identity Verified
Germania
Da Tedesco a Inglese
I prefer the old navigation May 16, 2003

Quote:

Me too.

I miss the instant access to all sections of the site in the left-hand menu.

Shame they\'re about to be buried. (To make room for advertising?)

Could the subsection headings not appear below the main links at the top of the... See more
Quote:

Me too.

Could the subsection headings not appear below the main links at the top of the page - at least on mouse-over?

Deborah ▲ Collapse

Sheila Hardie
Sheila Hardie  Identity Verified
Spagna
Membro
Da Catalano a Inglese
+ ...
I agree with Andreella and Deborah May 16, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-05-16 09:22, Academic wrote:

Quote:

Me too.

Shame they\'re about to be buried. (To make room for adver... See more
Quote:

On 2003-05-16 09:22, Academic wrote:

Quote:

Me too.

Could the subsection headings not appear below the main links at the top of the page - at least on mouse-over?

Deborah

I like the fact that in the old system you can see all the subsections immediately and don\'t have to THINK too hard) and try and remember where everything is. Maybe I\'m just lazy, but it\'s nice to be able to see everything clearly laid out and not have to guess where things are. Is Deborah\'s suggestion possible, or is there any other way of solving this problem?

Thanks!

Sheila ▲ Collapse

Philip Ronan
Philip Ronan
Regno Unito
Local time: 00:38
Da Giapponese a Inglese
+ ...
Make the pages load faster May 16, 2003

I\'ve noticed hat none of the tags in your pages contain \"width\" or \"height\" information. Including this information would make browsing your site a lot faster. Here\'s a link that explains the problem:

http://www.suvone.com/suv1622.htm

I\'ve also previously mentioned a problem with Japanese encodings whereby certain characters are trashed in the Kudoz pages. It\'s c
... See more
I\'ve noticed hat none of the tags in your pages contain \"width\" or \"height\" information. Including this information would make browsing your site a lot faster. Here\'s a link that explains the problem:

http://www.suvone.com/suv1622.htm

I\'ve also previously mentioned a problem with Japanese encodings whereby certain characters are trashed in the Kudoz pages. It\'s caused by the appearance of backslash characters as part of some 2-byte shift-JIS characters. The problem is explained a bit on this page:

http://www.filsa.net/frontier/polyglot/Japanese/tech1.html

It would be a great help if someone could fix this problem.

Collapse

Nadezhda Osipova
Nadezhda Osipova
Local time: 02:38
Da Inglese a Russo
+ ...
Search window should be moved to the upper-left side May 16, 2003

Search \"window\" should be moved to the upper-left side just under the ProZ logo.

swisstell
swisstell
Italia
Da Tedesco a Inglese
+ ...
stick with the old design May 16, 2003

not just \"because I am used to it\" but because, frankly, I have not seen better access, transparency or ease of use in general with the new thing

xima
xima  Identity Verified
Da Inglese a Catalano
+ ...
Agree with Andreella and Deborah too May 16, 2003

The old design is faster for me to access the links without thinking too much and, thus, stay concentrated on what I\'m working with.

You might think it\'s a matter of getting used to it, but it\'s not. I like getting to places the fast way. And the old design IS faster.

Please, stick with it!!!

Thanks and cheers!

Xima

Martine Etienne
Martine Etienne  Identity Verified
Belgio
Membro
Da Inglese a Francese
+ ...
I preferred old version May 16, 2003

I am a old translator (42 Hi) and I am always against all changes (in the beginning). It is part of my nature. In the new version, I do not find anything anymore. Sorry not being so pleased but go ahead, I will surely get used to it.

Martine

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 19:38
Personale del sito
Drop-down menus implemented May 16, 2003

As you may have noticed, the navigation tabs at the top of each page now provide drop-down menus when you mouseover them. Hopefully, this will make it easier for people to access all major areas of the site from every page.

There is a small problem with the alignment of the rightmost drop-down menu that I\'m working on. Other than that, please let me know if the new drop-down menus break anything in your particular browser.

Regards,

... See more
As you may have noticed, the navigation tabs at the top of each page now provide drop-down menus when you mouseover them. Hopefully, this will make it easier for people to access all major areas of the site from every page.

There is a small problem with the alignment of the rightmost drop-down menu that I\'m working on. Other than that, please let me know if the new drop-down menus break anything in your particular browser.

Regards,

jg
Collapse

Y_Bill
Y_Bill
Local time: 07:38
Da Cinese a Inglese
+ ...
Keep the old version if possible. May 16, 2003

Please keep the original overall design and only change the details--color and fonts and logos etc.

The old version seems more pro to me.

Thanks

Bill

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 19:38
Personale del sito
Instant messanger icons May 16, 2003

Vladimir and Monika,

The problems you\'re having with the instant messenger icons in your profile are unrelated to the new design. These icons come directly from third-party sites which have been experiencing difficulties lately. We\'re working on an alternative solution.

Regards,

jg

Elías Sauza
Elías Sauza  Identity Verified
Messico
Local time: 17:38
Membro (2002)
Da Inglese a Spagnolo
+ ...
Thank you for the improvements May 16, 2003

...no doubt you guys are diligent!

Elías sauza

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Lettonia
Local time: 02:38
Membro (2003)
Da Inglese a Lettone
+ ...
Re: Drop-down menus implemented May 16, 2003

Txnx, with Opera 7.0 the dropdown menus work OK, and this feature in place, the new design navigation cathed up with the old one
[addsig]

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Messico
Local time: 17:38
Da Inglese a Tedesco
+ ...
Works great with IE 6 and Opera 6 May 16, 2003

That\'s much better, thanks Maybe you could simply shift the menus an inch to the left?

(\"it\'s just a jump to the left..\")

..with one exception: on the directory tab the drop-down menus are overlapped by the HTML drop-down lists in IE 6 and Opera 6.

(Certainly a browser bug.)

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-05-17 10:18]

Ramon Somoza
Ramon Somoza  Identity Verified
Spagna
Da Olandese a Spagnolo
+ ...
A few suggestions... May 17, 2003

I have a few suggestions about some things that did not exist in the old design & I\'m not aware that they exist in the new one (& I apologize if they do & I\'ve been unable to find them):

a) \"Quick\" layout for recent bids. The current layout shows everything about the bids that have been made - but if you have made, say, 10 bids in the past two days, it would be nice to see quickly what the status is, or to find one of those quickly instead of having to scroll down pages
... See more
I have a few suggestions about some things that did not exist in the old design & I\'m not aware that they exist in the new one (& I apologize if they do & I\'ve been unable to find them):

a) \"Quick\" layout for recent bids. The current layout shows everything about the bids that have been made - but if you have made, say, 10 bids in the past two days, it would be nice to see quickly what the status is, or to find one of those quickly instead of having to scroll down pages & pages to find it. Something like the Kudoz page with the recent bids would be nice...

b)Rates. I\'m always a bit annoyed to see only five rates being listed (why 5?). This is not very fair for those of us who handle eight or nine pairs. There is a trick to see other pairs (cancel language pairs), but it takes a lot of effort. I can understand that you wouldn\'t want to show all possible language pairs, but 5 pairs is i.m.h.o. too few even for individual translators.

c) Is there a specific page where one can make suggestions? I certainly looked for it in the \"old\" design & was not able to find it...

d) BTW, what is the exclusive download from Dec. 1969 with 30% off? I never found out...

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-05-17 23:30]
Collapse

Pagine:   < [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Final suggestions before new design becomes default?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »