yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
Local time: 22:18
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 4, 2020

Dear colleagues from Proz.com,

I hope that you are safe and healthy from The Corona Virus Pandemic in USA and other countries.

I’m writing to you because I received a phone text message several days ago offering me a Spanish translator position in an accounting firm. I got this text message in my cellular phone. I tried to call the phone number mentioned in the text message but every time, I call this number the phone doesn't ring or I get a voice mail. It’s very st
... See more
Dear colleagues from Proz.com,

I hope that you are safe and healthy from The Corona Virus Pandemic in USA and other countries.

I’m writing to you because I received a phone text message several days ago offering me a Spanish translator position in an accounting firm. I got this text message in my cellular phone. I tried to call the phone number mentioned in the text message but every time, I call this number the phone doesn't ring or I get a voice mail. It’s very strange that every time,I call them, I’m getting an answer machine.

I’m suspecting that this text message could be a scam. The phone number is from the state of Colorado here in USA. I will be glad to copy and paste the copy of that phone text message for you. I want to verify if that text message is legitimate or if someone is trying to do a scam to me.

Thanks for your help and cooperation, Spanish native speakers, feel free to write to me in Spanish.
Best regards,
Yugoslavia

I will be glad to provide the phone number if you write me directly to my profile.

Here is the copy of the text message:

Good Morning, My name is Philip,I am the administrator recruitment secretary of Katalyst Securities LLC. I contacting about your resume(reviewed by the human resources team), and I'm happy to invite you to participate in an online job interview starting today as a translator for our accounting department. If you are still interested please reply.

I got afraid to reply to this text message because I thought that this was a scam.
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 03:18
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Hm Aug 4, 2020

Did you really apply to Katalyst Securities LLC?

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Philippe Etienne
Yolanda Broad
Fatine Echenique

yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No, I didn't apply. Aug 4, 2020

No Mrs. Natalie, I didn't apply to work for them. I think they are scammers. This phone number in Colorado was not in service. Yugoslavia.

Paulinho Fonseca
Paulinho Fonseca  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 23:18
Member (2011)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Accounting firm? Aug 4, 2020

On LinkedIn, it shows: "...independent brokerage firm specializing in private equity investments."
Why would they not answers or reply to your calls? :/

Yolanda Broad

yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mr. Fonseca. Aug 4, 2020

Hi Mr. Fonseca,
I hope you are well in Brazil. I think is a scam. Please write me directly to my profile. I will give you more details. I think the phone number is fake.
I hope that you are safe from The Corona Virus Pandemic.
Sincerely,
Yugoslavia

yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mr. Fonseca. Aug 4, 2020

They said that they needed my services for their accounting firm. I think they are lying.
Yugoslavia

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:18
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
This is all you need to know Aug 4, 2020

https://findwhocallsyou.com/7206494139?CallerInfo

Philippe Etienne
Yolanda Broad
Katarzyna Slowikova

Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 10:18
Chinese to English
+ ...
text message Aug 4, 2020

Stopped reading when I saw the words "text message".

Josephine Cassar
Fatine Echenique

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 03:18
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
So, your unsent resume has been "reviewed by their human resources team"? Aug 4, 2020

What else do you need to confirm this is scam?

Fatine Echenique

yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks. Aug 4, 2020

Thanks Miss Sheila. I appreciate it. I think this is the same phone number where they sent me the text message.
The message contains also English grammar mistakes.
Thanks.
Yugoslavia

yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Phone text message. Aug 4, 2020

Hi Mr. Lincoln,
Thanks for your reply. Did you get a similar phone text message?
Please let me know.
Kind regards,
Yugoslavia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Possible scam by phone text message.

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »