How to preview an audiovisual file In Trados Studio 2021?
Thread poster: expressisverbis
expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 14:19
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Sep 22, 2022

This might be pretty obvious to do...
I have been struggling to do this by myself, but I need the help of the technical brilliant minds here as I can't find the right information on the Internet.
I have the Studio Subtitling app and plug-ins installed, but I've never tried to preview a file or even create a project with this type before, but now I don't want to be "ignorant" anymore, so here I am asking for a hand.
What I would like to know is how to preview a MP4 file while w
... See more
This might be pretty obvious to do...
I have been struggling to do this by myself, but I need the help of the technical brilliant minds here as I can't find the right information on the Internet.
I have the Studio Subtitling app and plug-ins installed, but I've never tried to preview a file or even create a project with this type before, but now I don't want to be "ignorant" anymore, so here I am asking for a hand.
What I would like to know is how to preview a MP4 file while working in a translation Project Package. Many thanks for your help.
Cheers!
Sandra

[Edited at 2022-09-22 16:58 GMT]
Collapse

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
Local time: 15:19
French to Italian
+ ...
I used it only once Sep 22, 2022

But here is a screenshot.
Screenshot_sub

[Edited at 2022-09-22 15:37 GMT]

PS: I had to look around a lot before figuring it out. Here is a help page: https://community.rws.com/product-groups/trados-portfolio/rws-appstore/w/wiki/4680/studio-subtitling

[Edited at 2022-09-22 15:42 GMT]

expressisverbis
Sebastian Witte

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 14:19
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Elena! Sep 23, 2022

I have seen that link before too. In fact, it was the first resource I found to get some help, before posting my question.

The thing is that I get this error:

Capturar1

I don't know what I am doing wrong...

[Edited at 2022-09-23 19:27 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to preview an audiovisual file In Trados Studio 2021?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »