Thread poster: Valeri Serikov
Valeri Serikov
Valeri Serikov  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:31
English to Russian
+ ...
May 23, 2003

Dear All,

Please advise if there is any other option of making the subject conversion except for FineReader and Gemini Solo? I have heard of another application (command line-based), but I forgot its name.

Thanx!

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
You don't have to search far, May 23, 2003

Acrobat (full) does it.

Uldis
[addsig]

Marc P (X)
Marc P (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:31
German to English
+ ...
Ghostscript? May 23, 2003

I have heard of another application (command line-based), but I forgot its name.

Forget I said that. Ghostscript converts in the other direction.

[Edited at 2003-05-27 06:03]

Valentina Pecchiar
Valentina Pecchiar  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Try wordfast May 23, 2003

Download it at www.wordfast.net

I believe the demo can convert pdf

Best luck

2003-05-23 08:40 Valery Serikov wrote:

Dear All,

Please advise if there is any other option of making the subject conversion except for FineReader and Gemini Solo? I have heard of another application (command line-based), but I forgot its name.

Thanx!

Vladimir Pochinov
Vladimir Pochinov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
English to Russian
FineReader 6.0 does the best job! May 23, 2003

I have tried virtually all products available on the market, and now I always use FineReader 6.0 (Professional). It curently offers the best PDF-to-RTF conversion tool, although it does produce some deviations from the original layout & formatting in the process (they all do, as a matter of fact:)).

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Are you sure? May 27, 2003

uldis wrote:

Acrobat (full) does it.

Uldis

At the Adobe Acrobat site only the creation of pdf-files is mentioned. I'd have bought Acrobat a long time ago if I had known that it can convert pdf into editable text again.

Charlotte Blank
Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Germany
Czech to German
+ ...
Use Distiller ( - but how?) May 28, 2003

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

uldis wrote:

Acrobat (full) does it.

Uldis

At the Adobe Acrobat site only the creation of pdf-files is mentioned. I'd have bought Acrobat a long time ago if I had known that it can convert pdf into editable text again.

I also wondered how to manage converting pdf and just had a look at Distiller and found that it is indeed possible to convert pdf to ASCII when you check the box as described in Acrobat Help, page 63. Unfortunately I could not find out how to use it - maybe somebody already tried it? Waiting for help as well,

Charlotte

Uwe Schwenk (X)
Uwe Schwenk (X)
Local time: 07:31
English to German
Converting PDF to RTF May 29, 2003

If you have Adobe Acrobat 5 and above, you can open the PDF file and save as and selct rtf in the options. However, some formatting will be lost.

HTH

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for application to do PDF into RTF conversion

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »