Vom Thema belegte Seiten:   < [1 2]
Proofreading - how to do it effectively for clients and selves?
Initiator des Themas: Monika Coulson
Raisa Gertsberg (X)
Raisa Gertsberg (X)
Vereinigte Staaten
Local time: 02:13
Russisch > Englisch
+ ...
Add a short note to your editing rate Jul 12, 2002

After having dealt with a few cases of poor translation I always include this note when I give my rate for editing:

Editing: $NN.00 per hour, or $00.NN per word, provided the translation quality is satisfactory.

That means I will charge translation rates if it is not. By satisfactory I mean the translation doesn\'t have to be rewritten, it renders meaning and intent of the source accurately, it should only be improved on style and readability and, perha
... See more
After having dealt with a few cases of poor translation I always include this note when I give my rate for editing:

Editing: $NN.00 per hour, or $00.NN per word, provided the translation quality is satisfactory.

That means I will charge translation rates if it is not. By satisfactory I mean the translation doesn\'t have to be rewritten, it renders meaning and intent of the source accurately, it should only be improved on style and readability and, perhaps, fixed in case there are some minor omissions or/and minor inaccuracies.

Collapse

Vom Thema belegte Seiten:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proofreading - how to do it effectively for clients and selves?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »