Alt+Space moves cursor to the end of segment
Thread poster: JGluszak
JGluszak
JGluszak
Local time: 08:04
English to Polish
+ ...
Nov 13, 2009

...but there is no such shortcut in the shortcuts list! (There was one which read something like "Select segment", but I already deleted it). This is very annoying, as I often press this key combination by mistake. Help!

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
What version of the software are you using? Nov 14, 2009

Hi JGluszak,

In Studio, the default setup has ALT-SPACE as "Select Row" as you discovered so I guess this is what you are using.

Perhaps you have some other software that uses a similar shortcut and this is interacting when you are in Studio? For example, we have seen some dictionary software that is designed to be intrusive and work in any application cause keyboard conflicts.

I think I would investigate this first, and if you do just try disabling these
... See more
Hi JGluszak,

In Studio, the default setup has ALT-SPACE as "Select Row" as you discovered so I guess this is what you are using.

Perhaps you have some other software that uses a similar shortcut and this is interacting when you are in Studio? For example, we have seen some dictionary software that is designed to be intrusive and work in any application cause keyboard conflicts.

I think I would investigate this first, and if you do just try disabling these other applications whilst you test the theory out.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Jakub Wiśniewski
Jakub Wiśniewski
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
i got it, I got it! Dec 7, 2016

This is the "Clear all formatting" function (Ctrl + Alt + Space). Right Alt works as Left Alt + Ctrl

Sorry for replying in a seven-year-old thread, but I was just searching for an answer and thought someone may find this information useful

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
You can easily... Dec 8, 2016

...navigate in a sentence or select parts of it with only keyboard by:

HOME = Start of segment
END = End of segment
CTRL+RIGHT ARROW = overjump one word
CTRL+SHIFT+RIGHT ARROW = Select one word at a time towards right
SHIFT+END = Select from cursor position to end of line (use down arrow to select all)

For that you don't need to change any shortcuts in the options.

Mike

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Alt+Space moves cursor to the end of segment

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »