Sandrine Zérouali  Identity Verified
Algeria
Local time: 20:23
Member (2008)
Spanish to French
+ ...
For me also Dec 30, 2012

Hello everybody,

I've just tried to save in 1997-2003 and it works!!!

It would be nice to know how to resolve this problem in a better way? Is that because the file includes pictures?

pmakinen
pmakinen  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:23
Member (2005)
Croatian to English
+ ...
Save Anyway YES Jan 16, 2013

Artem Vakhitov wrote:

I think it's not really wise on the part of Studio to plain refuse to save target in the cases like this. The user ought to have an option to save his target anyway with whatever errors there are to try and fix them in the target document. It will save much frustration and many deadlines.

+1 on this!

viesulis89
viesulis89
Local time: 22:23
Mismatch Unique Id' error Feb 27, 2013

1) Make new TM in Trados studio 2011. if already made follow the step "3"
2) Import sdlxliff to your TM
3) Export tmx from your TM
4) Make New TM in Trados 2007 and use an import option to import tmx file into your TM
5) Update your document (if docx resave it to doc) and update your document that will make an unclean doc.
6) Clean your document and translation will be there

František Vaško
František Vaško
Slovakia
Local time: 21:23
English to Slovak
+ ...
removing comments did the trick for me Apr 16, 2013

I have encountered this issue too.
What worked for me: I have just removed the comments from the source docx file, then started new project with the same TM, corrected few segments (those with the comments - tag is missing now), saved target as and everything worked just fine.

Sylwia Starowicz
Sylwia Starowicz
Poland
Polish to English
+ ...
mismatch unique ID error Jul 31, 2013

orangebox wrote:

Solution of 'Mismatch Unique Id' error
Save in an ealier version of Word
97-2003
It worked for me
Regards
Simon

Thank you. It also worked for me. Regards, S.

MKramer
MKramer
United States
Local time: 14:23
Not sure if this works for you, but might want to try this Oct 18, 2013

I just had the same issue happen to me. Saving down to .doc was not an option for me, so I had to think of something else. I knew that I had previously done a 'Save Target As' before and it worked with no errors. I was trying to 're-save' the .doxc over the one that DID work. Here's how I got around the error...

1. Go to 'Explore Containing Folder' for the target file.
2. Delete the Word doc in that target folder that you kept saving over.
3. Go back to Studio and try t
... See more
I just had the same issue happen to me. Saving down to .doc was not an option for me, so I had to think of something else. I knew that I had previously done a 'Save Target As' before and it worked with no errors. I was trying to 're-save' the .doxc over the one that DID work. Here's how I got around the error...

1. Go to 'Explore Containing Folder' for the target file.
2. Delete the Word doc in that target folder that you kept saving over.
3. Go back to Studio and try to Save Target as again.

When I did this, my file was able to save. Not sure if this will work for you, but worth a try!!!!
Collapse

Mateusz Fatek
Mateusz Fatek  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Another solution found May 24, 2014

In my case, I copied the whole content of the original source file to a new *.docx file, saved the new file and put it into Trados 2014.

Then I pretranslated the file, filled in the gaps in translation from concordance search and tried exporting the file/generating a Word document.

This time around everything worked fine! No mismatch in unique ID error - therefore I suppose the error was the result of an error in the original Word file.
The error did not cause Wor
... See more
In my case, I copied the whole content of the original source file to a new *.docx file, saved the new file and put it into Trados 2014.

Then I pretranslated the file, filled in the gaps in translation from concordance search and tried exporting the file/generating a Word document.

This time around everything worked fine! No mismatch in unique ID error - therefore I suppose the error was the result of an error in the original Word file.
The error did not cause Word to crash, but it caused a serious error in Trados. After creating a new file, any and all aforementioned structural errors in the Word file were corrected - thus allowing me to complete my project

I hope this solution helps.

BTW. I have used this solution several times for several projects, which had the same type of error, and my solution works every time (for me at least).
Collapse

Jonathan Hopkins
Jonathan Hopkins  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
memoQ > SDL Studio Jun 12, 2014

We ran into this problem (mismatch of unique id) with WorldServer and Studio 2014. In our case, the problem was a simple comment in the docx file. The only way to solve this using SDL products was to remove the comment.

I don't really consider such workarounds solutions though. Saving to doc from docx in this case didn't help at all, nor did trying to open and repair with MS Word in case the file was corrupt. WorldServer/Studio 2014 just wouldn't process the file on account of a si
... See more
We ran into this problem (mismatch of unique id) with WorldServer and Studio 2014. In our case, the problem was a simple comment in the docx file. The only way to solve this using SDL products was to remove the comment.

I don't really consider such workarounds solutions though. Saving to doc from docx in this case didn't help at all, nor did trying to open and repair with MS Word in case the file was corrupt. WorldServer/Studio 2014 just wouldn't process the file on account of a single comment.

The interesting thing is, memoQ handled it without any hiccups. This has generally been my experience with several of these types of bugs (one such bug comes to mind when a hidden line break in an Excel sheet, which you can't see in Excel, crippled Studio and WorldServer, but memoQ handled it without any complaints -- years later, I believe this bug is still present. Somebody can correct me, if it has since been fixed).

Whenever Studio fails for some unkown reason, memoQ just works.
Collapse

Michal Surmař
Michal Surmař  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2010)
English to Czech
+ ...
SAME ISSUE TODAY Mar 3, 2015

Solved by using older versions of Trados, not 2014. And I thought Trados was heading forward ... ... ...

[Edited at 2015-03-03 20:04 GMT]

same issue in Studio2015 Dec 2, 2015

Same problem with docx + Studio2015, I've retranslated by applying perfect matches and translating delta missing strings.
Best, Matteo

Adriana Latronico
Adriana Latronico  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 16:23
English to Spanish
My Solution for Mismatch Unique Id' error Feb 27, 2016

I've solved this problem deleting all comments left by the client. It worked for me. Hope it helps!

[Edited at 2016-02-27 02:39 GMT]

btakebe
btakebe
Japan
Local time: 04:23
Another option: delete the TOC Jun 21, 2016

I got the same issue when trying to generate a file via Trados 2014, and solved it by deleting the TOC.

Since my file did not contain comments and could not be saved down to doc (due to a series of complex styling specifications which gets lost if saved down), I tried deleting the TOC and thankfully, this worked (just FYI, the TOC wasn't anything complicated or special; copied right off from a different template which worked fine with Trados, so I'm not sure what exactly the issue w
... See more
I got the same issue when trying to generate a file via Trados 2014, and solved it by deleting the TOC.

Since my file did not contain comments and could not be saved down to doc (due to a series of complex styling specifications which gets lost if saved down), I tried deleting the TOC and thankfully, this worked (just FYI, the TOC wasn't anything complicated or special; copied right off from a different template which worked fine with Trados, so I'm not sure what exactly the issue was).
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Studio 2011: 'Mismatch Unique Id' error

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »