Sandra Westphal
Sandra Westphal  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:31
English to German
Nov 28, 2012

Hello,

I have a quite urgent question I hope you can help me with:

Trados shows me (below in the editor view) that I have not tranlated 6,43% of my document - but scrolling through I cannot find these untranslated parts.

Is there a way to make Trados show me what's untranslated?

Thanks in advance,

Sandra

Vadim Kadyrov
Vadim Kadyrov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 11:31
English to Russian
+ ...
These are Nov 28, 2012

segments that you translated without having confirmed your translation (the most possible cause).

Run the verification procedure to see these segments.

Sandra Westphal
Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Vadim Nov 28, 2012

...how do I run that verification procedure?

ErikAnderson3
ErikAnderson3
Local time: 01:31
Use the "Display Filter" toolbar. Nov 28, 2012

Hello Sandra --

Trados shows me (below in the editor view) that I have not translated 6,43% of my document - but scrolling through I cannot find these untranslated parts.

I've noticed that Studio's calculations can sometimes be a bit off, possibly due to rounding errors. 6,43% is probably too much for just that, but one way to fix the count is to close the document, then in the Files view, right-click that file and select Batch TasksTranslation Count. (Note that this batch task only seems to be available if you are working in a Studio project, instead of just opening a source file directly.)

Is there a way to make Trados show me what's untranslated?

Absolutely -- Studio's view filters are one of the new features that I quite like. In the Editor view, make sure your Display Filter toolbar is visible. It isn't shown by default, so to display it, click ViewToolbarsDisplay Filter. Now on that toolbar, there should be a dropdown selection box, showing All segments by default. Click this and select what it is you want to see -- Not translated would show you just untranslated segments (empty segments), and Draft would show you any segments that you have entered something into, but not confirmed (i.e. added to the TM).

Hope that helps,

-- Erik Anderson

[Edited at 2012-11-28 19:31 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-11-28 19:31 GMT]

Sandra Westphal
Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much, Erik! Nov 29, 2012

That really helps!

Kind regards

Sandra

Alexey Larin
Alexey Larin  Identity Verified
Belarus
Local time: 11:31
English to Russian
+ ...
Thank you Nov 8, 2013

I don't think that authors will see my comment but ErikAnderson3's reply helped me just now almost a year later...

So Thank you anyway...

Dan Dales
Dan Dales
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:31
Japanese to English
Same problem in 2014 Mar 19, 2014

Hello all!

I'm really stuck!

Having the same problem with 2014, would anybody happen to have a magic trick that could help me out? The toolbars mentioned above don't exist in 2014. (Or I'm an idiot and just can't see them!)

Elizabeth Tamblin
Elizabeth Tamblin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
.. Jun 12, 2014

I'm having the same problem with 2014. Anyone have any clue how to deal with this?

Miguel Carmona
Miguel Carmona  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:31
English to Spanish
... Jun 12, 2014

Elizabeth Tamblin wrote:

I'm having the same problem with 2014. Anyone have any clue how to deal with this?

ErikAnderson3 wrote:

In the Editor view, make sure your Display Filter toolbar is visible. It isn't shown by default, so to display it, click ViewToolbarsDisplay Filter. Now on that toolbar, there should be a dropdown selection box, showing All segments by default. Click this and select what it is you want to see -- Not translated would show you just untranslated segments (empty segments), and Draft would show you any segments that you have entered something into, but not confirmed (i.e. added to the TM).

Elizabeth Tamblin
Elizabeth Tamblin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
.. Jun 12, 2014

Thank you for taking the trouble to reply, Miguel. I did actually find the relevant menu, and found that even though Trados said there were untranslated segments, there were in fact none. Just Trados having a bit of fun again - all part of its charm, isn't it?

Mary Giachetti
Mary Giachetti  Identity Verified
Spain
French to Italian
+ ...
Same for Trados 2015 Nov 25, 2015

It's sad to see that this bug hasn't been fixed in the latest version...
The same trick described in this thread works, though.

For those of you who have the French version of the software, you need to close the document, go to 'Fichiers' tab (File view) on your left, right-click on the incriminated file > Tâches en mode batch (Batch tasks) > Nombre de mots traduits (Translation count).

I hope this gets fixed soon because it's quite annoying and time-consuming.

Javier Fain
Javier Fain
Argentina
Local time: 05:31
Spanish to English
+ ...
Filter options for Trados Studio 2014 Mar 28, 2016

Trados Studio 2014/2015 has a powerful filter, which can be found in tab Review and is, by default, under name All segments.

With this filter, you can sort your TUs by types (100%, fuzzy matches, etc); by statuses (Translated, Translation Approved, etc); by locking (segments locked, segments unlocked) and some other examples.

Hope this is useful.

Javi.-

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Show untranslated segments

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »