Reinstalling MultiTerm 2011 - must I return the licence?
Thread poster: robroy
robroy
robroy
Local time: 04:54
German to English
Jun 18, 2013

Hello, I have a small but annoying problem. Since I installed Studio 2011 on my new computer (Core i7, Windows 7 64 bit), MultiTerm starts up on booting. MT is not in my Autostart, I have installed Autoruns but it cannot find MT either, and it is annoying because it delays booting. I suspect the only way to deal with this is to uninstall MT and reinstall it (but I'd be happy for any other tips!).

This takes me to my question - if I want to uninstall MT, must I return the licence fir
... See more
Hello, I have a small but annoying problem. Since I installed Studio 2011 on my new computer (Core i7, Windows 7 64 bit), MultiTerm starts up on booting. MT is not in my Autostart, I have installed Autoruns but it cannot find MT either, and it is annoying because it delays booting. I suspect the only way to deal with this is to uninstall MT and reinstall it (but I'd be happy for any other tips!).

This takes me to my question - if I want to uninstall MT, must I return the licence first? As far as I can see there is no licence manager in MT, only in Studio, which I do not want to uninstall. Or can I happily uninstall then reinstall MT without worrying about the licence?

Thanks for you help.

Rob Roy
Collapse

MultiTerm 2011 Jun 18, 2013

Hi,

Firstly, MultiTerm works independently from the license, so no problems there with the uninstall.

However, it sounds as though you may have installed MultiTerm Widget. Part of the MT install is to have MulitTerm Widget as part of your start up. And this can cause delays in booting up.

Therefore review Start - All Programs – Start up. Locate any SDL Trados Studio 2011 related software such as MultiTerm Widget. Right click and select Remove

... See more
Hi,

Firstly, MultiTerm works independently from the license, so no problems there with the uninstall.

However, it sounds as though you may have installed MultiTerm Widget. Part of the MT install is to have MulitTerm Widget as part of your start up. And this can cause delays in booting up.

Therefore review Start - All Programs – Start up. Locate any SDL Trados Studio 2011 related software such as MultiTerm Widget. Right click and select Remove

Hope that helps

SDL_David_M
Collapse

robroy
robroy
Local time: 04:54
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the info, Jun 18, 2013

David. I'll try reinstalling when time permits!

However, the whole MT program starts on booting up, not the Widget (my Autostart folder is empty!), so it is definitely not a widget-related problem (at least I don't think it is!). I'll let you know if a reinstall solves the problem!

Thanks again

Rob Roy

iflangsol
iflangsol
Germany
Same problem here - reinstall doesn't solve it Aug 21, 2014

Hi guys,

relieved to finally find someone with the same problem! I've looked online on several occasions and found no mention of it whatsoever. I also have Windows 7 and the issue with MultiTerm launching automatically on startup. Today I've run a disk cleanup, defragmented the drive and then unistalled and reinstalled MT. STILL it launches whenever I start up Windows. It's driving me up the wall! I've checked in Services and the list of programs that run on start-up, and there's no
... See more
Hi guys,

relieved to finally find someone with the same problem! I've looked online on several occasions and found no mention of it whatsoever. I also have Windows 7 and the issue with MultiTerm launching automatically on startup. Today I've run a disk cleanup, defragmented the drive and then unistalled and reinstalled MT. STILL it launches whenever I start up Windows. It's driving me up the wall! I've checked in Services and the list of programs that run on start-up, and there's nothing there that seems a likely candidate for causing it.

Did you guys ever find a solution to the problem?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Reinstalling MultiTerm 2011 - must I return the licence?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »