Thread poster: Daniel Grigoras
René VINCHON (X)
René VINCHON (X)  Identity Verified
France
German to French
+ ...
Same problem here again !!! Feb 8, 2014

josephleist wrote:

After Problems back and forth with the Termbase Editor, this is working (again), for now. A new Problem after the latest update is when I try to edit an existing TU either in Trados or in the SDL T-Window app.

In Trados, when editing an existing TU in the Concordance-Window by selecting "Edit Translation Unit" I hit the "OK"-button after I changed the TU. I then immediately get the error message "Errors occurred when committing some of the edited TUs: Translation Unit ID: 36852, Error Code: Other". However, when I hit the "OK"-button, I see that the changes in the TU have been saved.

It seems lot of us do have that problem. Any idea Paul ?

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:53
English
I have reproduced this... Feb 8, 2014

... this afternoon. I don't know why this happens but I have reported it to see the current state of this problem and will report back during the course of the week.

I can only repro this by editing a TU from a concordance result in the TM results window. Editing TUs in the TM results window from a normal lookup works fine for me.

Regards

Paul

Daniel Grigoras
Daniel Grigoras  Identity Verified
Romania
Romanian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Misaligned segments Feb 9, 2014

I have aligned two documents in Studio 2014, but at one point all of the segments became misaligned. How can I realign them from that point? I don't see any feature that allows this.

AgataTom
AgataTom
English to Polish
+ ...
SDL Trados Studio 2014 stopped submitting translated text from TM Mar 6, 2014

My SDL Studio 2014 suddenly stopped submitting target text from TM although it recognizes 100% (and all other) matches. I have to copy-paste segments from the Translation Results window, which makes the whole work much more time-consuming. The CTRL+T combination previously worked or not, depending on the mood - now it is completely dead.

I am also unable to display preview (in MS Word 2013) - SDL displays the message "Run-time preview is not supported by the Microsoft Word version y
... See more
My SDL Studio 2014 suddenly stopped submitting target text from TM although it recognizes 100% (and all other) matches. I have to copy-paste segments from the Translation Results window, which makes the whole work much more time-consuming. The CTRL+T combination previously worked or not, depending on the mood - now it is completely dead.

I am also unable to display preview (in MS Word 2013) - SDL displays the message "Run-time preview is not supported by the Microsoft Word version you are running" - is that true? Can it be fixed?

Anybody familiar with these bugs?
Collapse

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:53
Member (2004)
English to Italian
Ctrl + T Apr 12, 2014

doesn't work in my version either...

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Not 100% they are both bugs.. Apr 12, 2014

AgataTom wrote:

Anybody familiar with these bugs?

Hi,

The MS Word Preview is a problem since Microsoft moved to the Click to Run installer approach for their newer versions. If you didn't purchase and install the Professional Version of Office using the MSI installer then the components we use for the real time preview are no longer included by Microsoft. See this KB article for more details : http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=5013&source=article&c=12&cid=23

We are working on a solution for this but it won’t be available for several months as it requires a fundamental change to the way we have always provided a Preview. Currently we use Word for this so the Preview you get is really an instance of Word and this provides a perfect rendition of the documents. We are now looking at alternatives.

What you can do it use Ctrl+Shift+P (or click the little magnifying glass icon on the top left of the screen - 5th from the left) which will generate a preview for you, but it won't be real-time as before.

The Ctrl+T problem I’m not sure about because this is not something we have logged as a bug. I can’t reproduce it either. I would take a look at other software you are using at the same time and see whether closing them helps as there may be a clash of shortcuts. If this helps then change the shortcut either in your other software or in Studio.

If you don't think you have any other software running then maybe just try changing Ctrl+T to something else just to test if it works?

You could also try Ctrl+1 as this selects the first result in the TM Results window all the time.

Regards

Paul

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:53
Member (2004)
English to Italian
thanks... Apr 12, 2014

as I said in the other thread, I'll experiment with the keys...

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: This error does not belong to "new bugs". Please search the forum for other threads concerning this error and (if needed) re-post there.
Tara Salman (X)
Tara Salman (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:53
French to English
more than 100% matches May 1, 2014

I just installed Service Pack 1 for Trados 2014. I'm getting a bug where the entire document matches over 100% (at the bottom). I'm getting numbers like 100.5%, and then when I check how much of the file has been completed, it's always at 0%, no matter what I do, even after spell check and verification. So files that I've completed show 0%. Does this happen to anyone and how can you fix it?

Sian Cooper
Sian Cooper  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
In memoriam
New alignment view in SP1 May 1, 2014

Firstly, don't get me wrong, I'm REALLY pleased to get back some easier form of interaction with the TM when aligning! And it is DEFINITELY good to get back a step between alignment and updating the TM. And it is fast and clever. I am sure I would have been less helpless if I'd had this before (thank you Paul, have another chocolate).

But I am actually fairly disappointed. I don't know... I was expecting a whole lot more draggy-droppy, right-click on-off, multiple selection type st
... See more
Firstly, don't get me wrong, I'm REALLY pleased to get back some easier form of interaction with the TM when aligning! And it is DEFINITELY good to get back a step between alignment and updating the TM. And it is fast and clever. I am sure I would have been less helpless if I'd had this before (thank you Paul, have another chocolate).

But I am actually fairly disappointed. I don't know... I was expecting a whole lot more draggy-droppy, right-click on-off, multiple selection type stuff. You know - modern, functional UI. I quite understand that you are changing underlying architectures and improving the fundamental algorithms with massive performance and automation improvements, etc etc or whatever - but what we boring old users actually see and can do is also important.

Now, in all of my following comments I may of course be wrong and just not have understood something. But I speak as I find.

1) on first time of use, the view is only available when you open a saved alignment file. If you first run a single file alignment (which does not give you a Save file option) the view does not open. It will do so subsequently once it has been 'initialised' (so no, I can't reproduce this)

2) I appear no longer to be able to set the values of fields for an alignment. I know the filename and path is provided, but that is often not a quickly visibly meaningful name. I have always set a value here, and you seem to have taken that away from me (yes I've been into settings: I can add fields, but I can't see that I can set the value). I'm fairly sure I'm not misremembering something that basic.

3) Can't merge? can't split? can't appear to insert or delete segments? Only option is cut/paste between segments and leaving disconnected single segs... maybe it's just a change in thought-process. Maybe not. Edit - disconnect - reconnect is tedious.

4) Now I've sussed it (took a while) - Alignment Edit Mode is a real faff. I want just to select multiple consecutive on one side (shift+click) and one on the other side and Connect. And I want the system to be clever enough to do any disconnects for me. You have to select, disconnect, change to Alignment Edit Mode, select the items, select n:n, turn Alignment Edit Mode back off, then finally Connect (or sequence roughly like that). Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

5) Scrolling is pretty poor

So... when's SP2?
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Alignment editor May 1, 2014

Sian Cooper wrote:

1) on first time of use, the view is only available when you open a saved alignment file. If you first run a single file alignment (which does not give you a Save file option) the view does not open. It will do so subsequently once it has been 'initialised' (so no, I can't reproduce this)

I think it does. More details here: http://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2014/04/30/studio-2014-sp1/

2) I appear no longer to be able to set the values of fields for an alignment. I know the filename and path is provided, but that is often not a quickly visibly meaningful name. I have always set a value here, and you seem to have taken that away from me (yes I've been into settings: I can add fields, but I can't see that I can set the value). I'm fairly sure I'm not misremembering something that basic.

You can choose quality values and fields for your TM when you select Align Multiple Files and then disable Save alignment result for later review.

3) Can't merge? can't split? can't appear to insert or delete segments? Only option is cut/paste between segments and leaving disconnected single segs... maybe it's just a change in thought-process. Maybe not. Edit - disconnect - reconnect is tedious.

No, you can't split. That's bad, I agree.
You can merge by connecting up to 3 segments at a time in the alignment edit mode.
As you say, leaving segments disconnected deletes them (so to speak). Not ideal, I agree.

4) Now I've sussed it (took a while) - Alignment Edit Mode is a real faff. I want just to select multiple consecutive on one side (shift+click) and one on the other side and Connect. And I want the system to be clever enough to do any disconnects for me. You have to select, disconnect, change to Alignment Edit Mode, select the items, select n:n, turn Alignment Edit Mode back off, then finally Connect (or sequence roughly like that). Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Yes, it's all quite awkward

5) Scrolling is pretty poor

Agree

Looking forward to more mature versions of the alignment editor, as soon as possible...

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Or... May 1, 2014

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

Sian Cooper wrote:

Yes, it's all quite awkward

just select one of the segments by clicking on the number of the segment. Then press disconnect or use a shortcut. To reconnect click on the number on the left, the number on the right so they turn yellow and then either click the icon in the ribbon, use a keyboard shortcut or drag and drop at this point.

Drag and drop is a little fiddly at first but once you get the hang of it things are not three bad.

Regards

Paul

Daniel Grigoras
Romania
Romanian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Synchronizing scrolling in the Alignment Editor May 1, 2014

Is there a way to synchronize scrolling in the Alignment Editor? The fact that scrolling is asynchronous by default is really awful. I tried keeping CTRL or SHIFT pressed while scrolling, in the hope that the scrolling will be synchronous across the two columns, but nothing like that happened.

[Edited at 2014-05-01 19:19 GMT]

Daniel Grigoras
Romania
Romanian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Merging segments May 1, 2014

Emma says that one "can merge by connecting up to 3 segments at a time in the alignment edit mode." Unfortunately, despite clicking the "Alignment Edit Mode" button, I still couldn't figure out how I can merge segments. No merge option in sight.

Hm. Is it because the source segments are separated by paragraph marks? Maybe that's the problem. I hope that merging across different paragraphs will be somehow allowed. I have to review a translation and in order to review the translation
... See more
Emma says that one "can merge by connecting up to 3 segments at a time in the alignment edit mode." Unfortunately, despite clicking the "Alignment Edit Mode" button, I still couldn't figure out how I can merge segments. No merge option in sight.

Hm. Is it because the source segments are separated by paragraph marks? Maybe that's the problem. I hope that merging across different paragraphs will be somehow allowed. I have to review a translation and in order to review the translation I decided to create and use a translation memory so as to review the translation in the Editor.
The document I need to proofread has at its beginning a a single descriptive marketing phrase split over several paragraphs, and I wanted to merge it, but to no avail.
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Pseudo-merge May 2, 2014

D.D.G. wrote:

If you connect a couple of segments one side with one or two on the other in the alignment edit mode, this has the effect of merging. The segments won't physically merge together in the alignment mode, but when you create the TM, you'll see a single segment for the connected segments.
Maybe I should have said "you can pseudo-merge by..."

Note that you can't connect segments in the edit mode unless you have disconnected them first outside edit mode. It would be nice to be able to disconnect and connect/pseudo-merge in the same place.

Is it because the source segments are separated by paragraph marks? Maybe that's the problem.

You can connect segments together that are separated by a paragraph mark.

By the way, I agree that synchronised scrolling would be extremely useful. Maybe it will appear in a later version...

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2014 New bugs & shortcomings

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »