Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7]
SDL MultiTerm/Studio 2014 add/edit terms not working after Java 7 Update 45 installation
Thread poster: RWS Community
RaoYv
RaoYv
India
Java Verify failure unable to open or Configure Java Control Panel Nov 20, 2014

Java Verify failure unable to Configure Java Control Panel does not open ( Fix : )
this is a regular ( windows 7 bug related ) problem after successful installation of Java ( jre ) and fresh installation of Windows7 64bit or 32bit on my laptop or desktop. what worked perfectly for me was setting COMPATIBILITYMODE=WINDOWSNT to make windows launch the JP2LAUNCHER.EXE and JAVAW.EXE files properly.
jp2launcher.exe windowsNT compat
... See more
Java Verify failure unable to Configure Java Control Panel does not open ( Fix : )
this is a regular ( windows 7 bug related ) problem after successful installation of Java ( jre ) and fresh installation of Windows7 64bit or 32bit on my laptop or desktop. what worked perfectly for me was setting COMPATIBILITYMODE=WINDOWSNT to make windows launch the JP2LAUNCHER.EXE and JAVAW.EXE files properly.
jp2launcher.exe windowsNT compatibility solves Java Verify failure problem at https://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp
javaw.exe windowsNT compatibility solves unable to open or Configure Java Control Panel problem.

* search for JAVAW.EXE inside c:\program files\java\....\bin
or c:\program files(x86)\java\.....\bin\
* right-click mouse on JAVAW application icon logo
* click PROPERTIES
* click COMPATIBILITY
* tick the checkbox at COMPATIBILITY MODE
* choose WINDOWS NT service pack
* click APPLY or click OK
Now, the Configure Java Control Panel will start opening and working.

* search for JP2LAUNCHER.EXE inside c:\program files\java\....\bin
or c:\program files(x86)\java\.....\bin\
* right-click mouse on JP2LAUNCHER
* click PROPERTIES
* click COMPATIBILITY
* tick the checkbox at COMPATIBILITY MODE
* choose WINDOWS NT service pack
* click APPLY or click OK
Now, the Verify Java will be successful at https://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

if we find 2 or 3 versions of JP2LAUNCHER and JAVAW when we search, then we must repeat the above for all of them.

in the Configure Java Control Panel Advanced tab we can set
"Do not check" Certificate Revocation and disable security verification. and in the Security tab we may Edit Site List... for the Exception Site List ( add URLs to unblock sites )
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:14
English
TOPIC STARTER
OR... Nov 20, 2014

... seeing as you have Studio 2014, you can upgrade to Studio and MultiTerm 2014 SP2 which does not require Java at all.

Regards

Paul

Mirta Tula
Mirta Tula
Local time: 08:14
English to Spanish
It worked for me! Dec 24, 2016

Hello guys!

I've been having this problem, too. After doing some research, I found this and it totally worked straightaway. So, I'm sharing this with you! Hope it helps!

Merry Christmas!

http://kb.sdl.com/kb/?articleId=5589#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:5589

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL MultiTerm/Studio 2014 add/edit terms not working after Java 7 Update 45 installation

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »