Rasmus Jakobsen
Rasmus Jakobsen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 09:33
English to Danish
+ ...
Oct 17, 2013

Hi

I just updated to from 2011 to 2014. In 2011 I was able to change the default folder structur, but I can't remember how I did it.

In 2014 the default folder structure for projects is: C:/users/ME/Documents/Studio 2014/Projects

I want this changed to C:/ME/Skydrive/Documents/Studio 2014/Projects

I am able to this this manually for each project, but that's really time consuming. Is there a way that I can change the default folder to my Skydriv
... See more
Hi

I just updated to from 2011 to 2014. In 2011 I was able to change the default folder structur, but I can't remember how I did it.

In 2014 the default folder structure for projects is: C:/users/ME/Documents/Studio 2014/Projects

I want this changed to C:/ME/Skydrive/Documents/Studio 2014/Projects

I am able to this this manually for each project, but that's really time consuming. Is there a way that I can change the default folder to my Skydrive?
Collapse

Shai Navé
Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 10:33
English to Hebrew
+ ...
The last project folder is remembered Oct 17, 2013

For me, I don't use the default folders. I have created my own folder structure and the last project folder is remembered, so after the first project in which I had to point to it, all new projects are now saved into this folder automatically.
How did you go about it in Studio 2011?

You can also use symbolic links, but to me this should be be considered as a last resort.

I also think that SDL should stop populating the (already cluttered enough) Documents folder w
... See more
For me, I don't use the default folders. I have created my own folder structure and the last project folder is remembered, so after the first project in which I had to point to it, all new projects are now saved into this folder automatically.
How did you go about it in Studio 2011?

You can also use symbolic links, but to me this should be be considered as a last resort.

I also think that SDL should stop populating the (already cluttered enough) Documents folder with Studio's folder and allow the user to choose where to locate them as part of the installation and/or allow to easy relocate them after the fact.
Collapse

Rasmus Jakobsen
Denmark
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved! Oct 17, 2013

The problem was with Worldserver packages. Trados didn't remember my file structure from previous used settings.

I set up a dummy project and pointed to another folder structure. Now packages too are imported in the folder structure I want.

Kjetil Kiran
Kjetil Kiran  Identity Verified
Norway
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
How did you solve it? Feb 23, 2015

Dummy project how?

Rasmus Jakobsen
Denmark
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The last project folder is remembered Feb 23, 2015

I did as Shai Navé explained.

Set up a new project and assign your desired file path. Trados will remember the same file path for all future projects.

Kjetil Kiran
Kjetil Kiran  Identity Verified
Norway
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
cant get this to work Feb 26, 2015

I open a wsxz package, change the default folder to dropbox. Everything ok, but when I add the next wsxz package, the default folder is back again. It does not remember my change. The same goes for sdlppx packages.
Anyone have any clue what I can do?

[Edited at 2015-02-26 09:55 GMT]

Johan Sjöbom
Johan Sjöbom  Identity Verified
Sweden
Member (2013)
English to Swedish
Last project folder not remembered Jun 27, 2015

I have the same problem as Kjetil. Every time I open or create a new project, it defaults back to an old project folder, which does not even exist any more. Studio doesn't seem to remember the project folder I used the last time, which I believe it should do. Any ideas?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

2014: Change default folder structure

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »