How to search one term in many sdlxliffs?
Thread poster: Christin Lee
Christin Lee
Christin Lee
Local time: 19:26
Jul 31, 2014

Hi there,

I met a problem, there's one term that I found out I translated differently in one big project which includes many sdlxliffs.

After searching in TM, I found those segments which consist of this term, but the problem is there're over 50 sdlxliffs to check and revise. Do I have to open file one by one and make a search? Or maybe there's an easier way to find out which file contains that term?

Please advise~

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:26
English
Two ways at least... Jul 31, 2014

... both using openexchange applications.

Extended Search: free plugin that adds a button to your ribbon in 2014 allowing you to search multiple files and projects

SDLXLIFF ToolkitExtended Search: free plugin that adds a button to your ribbon in 2014 allowing you to search multiple files and projects

SDLXLIFF Toolkit : free tool for Studio 2014 that in addition to many other things will allow you to search or search/replace across as many files and projects as you like. This tool also supports regular expressions.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Shai Navé
Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 14:26
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Quick Merge Jul 31, 2014

In addition to what Paul has already suggested, you can also use the Quick Merge option of Studio to open all the project files in a single Editor window, filter for the required term (not mandatory, but recommended step), and run a search and replace operation.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to search one term in many sdlxliffs?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »