Multiterm: index field is same as in Excel, but still "encounters irregularities during import"
Thread poster: madoka-k
madoka-k
madoka-k
Japan
Local time: 10:21
Japanese to English
+ ...
Aug 12, 2014

Hi all,

I used "Multiterm Convert" to convert an Excel glossary to a termbase to be used in Multiterm.
All went good but when importing the termbase created into Multiterm, i got an error says:

"Multiterm encountered irregularities during import. Please check the information in the log file."

I saw the following topic, and made sure my index fields had the same names as my Excel table columns.
... See more
Hi all,

I used "Multiterm Convert" to convert an Excel glossary to a termbase to be used in Multiterm.
All went good but when importing the termbase created into Multiterm, i got an error says:

"Multiterm encountered irregularities during import. Please check the information in the log file."

I saw the following topic, and made sure my index fields had the same names as my Excel table columns.
(http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/105434-does_not_conform_to_the_target_termbase_definition.html#861815)

but still i got the same error:(

log file says:
Original Entry Number Action Entry Number in Termbase
-1 Does not conform to the target termbase definition.
Reason: The entry is invalid.
Source: MtTermbase

Total entries processed: 0
Total entries added: 0
Total entries merged: 0
Total entries omitted: 0
Total entries written to the output file: 0
---------------

I'm stuck.
Does anyone know what I may have done wrong?
Thank you

Madoka
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:21
English
Maybe not an index field Aug 12, 2014

Hi,

Your termbase seems to have a different definition to the content of the converted spreadsheet you have used. So perhaps a picklist with undefined values for example?

If you can't resolve it I'd be happy to take a look?

Regards

Paul
[email protected]

madoka-k
madoka-k
Japan
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I will send you email Aug 13, 2014

Hello Paul,

Thank you very much for your kindness.
I will send you the excel file.

Regards,
Madoka

madoka-k
madoka-k
Japan
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved Aug 23, 2014

Thanks to Paul, the problem was solved.
Instead of using MultiTerm Convert, use Glossary Converter.
http://www.translationzone.com/openexchange/app/glossaryconverter-476.html#46146

It's really quite simple.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm: index field is same as in Excel, but still "encounters irregularities during import"

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »