SDL Trados Studio Grammar Check via new app
Thread poster: ghislandi
ghislandi
ghislandi  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:12
English to Italian
Sep 16, 2014

Perhaps a little off-topic, but if you are looking for grammar checks, we now have a free app to enable Grammar Checks in SDL Trados Studio.
You can find it on OpenExchange.
I hope you find this useful.
Download it free: http://bit.ly/1r3vzrq

Kind regards to all,
Massi

Geneviève von Levetzow
Geneviève von Levetzow  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:12
French to German
+ ...
Great! Sep 16, 2014

Geneviève

Giles Watson
Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
In memoriam
More thanks Sep 17, 2014

The app works fine.

I've unticked the "Check Grammar during translation" box, though, because it was taking too long to close segments with the Grammar Checker churning away in the background. That said, it's a useful addition to verification/QA routines after translation, review and sign-off.

ghislandi
ghislandi  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:12
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 17, 2014

Glad to hear it is useful

ClemRg (X)
ClemRg (X)
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Great App Sep 18, 2014

This is a great App, Massimo.

However, I am getting a "Method Delete Call Eror" with source "SoftTran GrammarChecking MSWord" when trying to confirm any segment after having run the verification (F8). I had to restart Studio to be able to confirm segments again.

Can send you the stack trace if you wish.

Clemens

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Grammmar Checker error Sep 18, 2014

Hi Clem,

The best place to send error reports for apps developed by SDL Community Developers is [email protected] Each appp has contact details in the app page on the OpenExchannge and this one is one we look after.

So please do send it in.

Regards

Paul

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Just to add to this... Sep 18, 2014

... there is another place to get support for Studio and the apps. We have a community you can acccess with your MySDL credentials here : http://bit.ly/sdlcommunity

The community is available to anyone with a Studio 2011/2014 license and you'll find a forum specifically for OpenExchange Apps in there too.

Regards

Paul

Arvind Raman
Arvind Raman
Singapore
German to English
+ ...
Grammar checker not working in Studio 2014/Office 365 Dec 29, 2016

Hi, I know this is an old post, but I have an issue. I have just downloaded Grammar check plugin for 2014 and I use Office 365. But it doesnt seem to be working. Can anyone help?

Regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio Grammar Check via new app

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »