Thread poster: Jacques DP
Jacques DP
Jacques DP  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 03:18
English to French
Sep 23, 2014

Hello,

I have just created a new project, adding about 10 TTX files. While "preparing project", the three last (out of 5) steps, which are done concurrently (Apply Perfect Matches, Pre-Translate Files, Analyze Files) stop at 26% and then Studio hangs there. I have been waiting now for 5 minutes, should I wait more? Any idea what could be going on?

Thank you.

Jacques

Jacques DP
Switzerland
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
For the record Sep 23, 2014

For the record, I hit Cancel, and it hanged with the message "Cancelling..." instead of 26%. Closing the window was met with something like "The wizard cannot be closed, please cancel before to close." I force-killed Studio through the Task Manager, restarted, recreated the project, and it went through, only with the error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object", which I ignored as I have already got it on other projects and it didn't seem to harm.

George Cook
George Cook
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:18
French to English
+ ...
Normal behaviour Sep 23, 2014

Depending on the size/segmentation of your TTX files, this could well be normal behaviour.

When preparing projects containing very large files with many segments, our project preparation step can sometimes stop for 5, 10, 15 minutes at various stages of completion. You will likely find that if you leave the process running, it will finish in due course.

Jacques DP
Switzerland
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Actually... Sep 23, 2014

...these were not large files. And on the second run they went through.
But thanks for sharing your experience. I will be patient if this happens on large files

Zoltán Kulcsár
Zoltán Kulcsár  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
I don't thins it's normal Sep 23, 2014

I experienced this myself, and I think it is a bug: when switching back an old template with 1.0.0 ttx filetype, the project was created in seconds, while with the new filetype it hangs indefinitely

[Módosítva: 2014-09-23 18:33 GMT]

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Previous thread Sep 23, 2014

Next time you need to prepare a project with ttx files, check out this thread:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/273067-studio_2011_preparing_inxttx_files_takes_hours.html

Jacques DP
Switzerland
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Microsoft Security Essentials Sep 24, 2014

Hi Emma,

Thanks. Indeed I am using Microsoft Security Essentials as well, so that could be it. I have also followed the suggestion to

1. Go to File > Options > File Types > TRADOStag > Compatibility.
Uncheck the "Document structure information" box.

We'll see if that helps, hoping it doesn't create other problems.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 hangs while preparing project

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »