Multiterm Widget not compatible with Studio 2014?
Thread poster: Anne LJ
Anne LJ
Anne LJ
Local time: 18:38
Spanish to French
+ ...
Oct 26, 2014

Hello,

as I often and unfortunately have to work with Across, this application was very helpful in my case. Since I installed Studio / Multiterm 2014 (currently SP1 11.1.4095) Widget no longer works. The error message is: "There was an error parsing the xml file. Check whether the file located in C: \ xxxxx has an invalid format. xxx, hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character, line 1, position 1." I have tried in vain to reinstall it a lot of time and in many ways. Is there a
... See more
Hello,

as I often and unfortunately have to work with Across, this application was very helpful in my case. Since I installed Studio / Multiterm 2014 (currently SP1 11.1.4095) Widget no longer works. The error message is: "There was an error parsing the xml file. Check whether the file located in C: \ xxxxx has an invalid format. xxx, hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character, line 1, position 1." I have tried in vain to reinstall it a lot of time and in many ways. Is there a possibility to solve the problem?

Many thanks in advance

Anne
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Maybe this KB will help? Oct 26, 2014

http://kb.sdl.com/?portalid=23&articleid=3661

Regards

Paul

Anne LJ
Anne LJ
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Installation Widget solved Oct 27, 2014

A lot of thanks Paul. It works finely now...

Have a nice day

Sandra & Kenneth Grossman
Sandra & Kenneth Grossman  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 19:38
French to English
+ ...
How can I enter terms in MT on the fly via Multiterm Widget? Oct 27, 2014

... aka What is MT Widget good for if I can't enter terms into relevant termbases without opening MT itself?

If not, "how is this application very helpful"?

And, if not, why am I asked to open a termbase?

Thanks,

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
It's not for adding terms... Oct 27, 2014

... although that would be pretty neat! There is an article here that might answer your question "Aliens and widgets…".

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm Widget not compatible with Studio 2014?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »