Trados 2014 does not recognize my projects
Thread poster: Julia Lecuona Allende (X)
Julia Lecuona Allende (X)
Julia Lecuona Allende (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:36
German to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 17, 2014

I bought Trados 2004 not six months ago, and two days ago, when I opened it to start my work, the project I was working on had dissapeared from teh project view. I tried to open it from the project folder and got this message: An error occurred whilst trying to determine the file version.

As I was in a hurry, I simply created another project with the old TM and finished the file. But today all my existing projects have dissapeared, the one I was working on and all the finished
... See more
I bought Trados 2004 not six months ago, and two days ago, when I opened it to start my work, the project I was working on had dissapeared from teh project view. I tried to open it from the project folder and got this message: An error occurred whilst trying to determine the file version.

As I was in a hurry, I simply created another project with the old TM and finished the file. But today all my existing projects have dissapeared, the one I was working on and all the finished ones, and when I try to open them, I get the same message.

Has anyone had a similar issue? Do you know how to solve it? Everything is updated and I really don't know what is happening!

Thanks a lot for your help!
Collapse

Paulinho Fonseca
Paulinho Fonseca  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 01:36
Member (2011)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Just one question Dec 17, 2014

Are your files in subfolders?

Julia Lecuona Allende (X)
Julia Lecuona Allende (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:36
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Folders Dec 17, 2014

Yes, in the same folders that the own Trados creates with every new project, I have done nothing but use their standard structure and it has worked correctly, up until now!

And it gets even more fascinating, I have just tried to reopen the projects that were marked as finished, and I can open them just fine. It is the ones I was working with that cannot be opened!

[Editado a las 2014-12-17 19:21 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2014 does not recognize my projects

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »