Paul O'Brien
Paul O'Brien  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 22:18
Member (2007)
Italian to English
+ ...
Jan 28, 2015

When working with MultiTerm, I find afterwards that my folder is filled to the brim with hundreds upon hundreds of .mdf and .mtf caches.
Why does this happen and how can I prevent this?
Thanks.

[Edited at 2015-01-28 13:23 GMT]

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 03:18
French to German
+ ...
These are the index files ... Feb 9, 2015

... and there are two files ( an .mdf and a .mtf) created for each language you have in your TM.

So, I wonder why you have "hundreds upon hundreds" of them. As they get overwritten, you should only have 2 - 10 (depending on the number of languages) per termbase.

How many termbases do you have? And how many languages?

I suggest you delete them all now, they will be recreated when you use the termbase next time. Then check how many are recreated, it shoul
... See more
... and there are two files ( an .mdf and a .mtf) created for each language you have in your TM.

So, I wonder why you have "hundreds upon hundreds" of them. As they get overwritten, you should only have 2 - 10 (depending on the number of languages) per termbase.

How many termbases do you have? And how many languages?

I suggest you delete them all now, they will be recreated when you use the termbase next time. Then check how many are recreated, it should correspond to the formula I mentioned above.

Walter
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 2014 - hundreds of unwanted .mdf and .mtf

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »