Thread poster: Andreina Baiano
Andreina Baiano
Andreina Baiano  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 03:15
English to Italian
+ ...
Feb 26, 2015

Hi, I am experiencing some issues while trying to translate a document in a Groupshare project in Studio 2014: the following message keeps coming up.

'The local copy of the project is incomplete because at least one file is out-of-date or not present locally. Stopped deletion at file: xxx. To save a copy of the project locally before deletion from the server, click "Cancel" and use the Get Latest Version command to download all project files.
Click "OK" to continue deletin
... See more
Hi, I am experiencing some issues while trying to translate a document in a Groupshare project in Studio 2014: the following message keeps coming up.

'The local copy of the project is incomplete because at least one file is out-of-date or not present locally. Stopped deletion at file: xxx. To save a copy of the project locally before deletion from the server, click "Cancel" and use the Get Latest Version command to download all project files.
Click "OK" to continue deleting the project without downloading the files'

If I click OK, the program tries to delete the project, but then informs me I am not authorized to do that. If I click Cancel, and I do nothing, the warning keeps popping up. I also tried to get the latest version of the files, but it did not solve my problem.

I am not trying to delete the project and this message pops up whenever I confirm a translated segment. The weird thing is that the file at which the deletion has stopped was not even assigned to me, but to a different translator; then, my project leader tried to set me as an external translator so that I could not see my fellow freelance translators' files, but it still did not work.

Could you please help?

Many thanks, Andreina

[Edited at 2015-02-26 15:20 GMT]
Collapse

Andreina Baiano
Andreina Baiano  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Anybody? Mar 12, 2015

Please help? TIA!

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Have your project manager solve this for you Mar 14, 2015

Andreina

As this problem is dependent on the rights that have been given to you in your user role on the GroupShare server, I strongly suggest that you contact the project manager of the client who is running the GroupShare server. He should be able to sort out your problem and if he is not, then he should contact SDL support (running a GS server, he surely has a support contract).

It is not possible for me with the little information you gave here to help you solve the
... See more
Andreina

As this problem is dependent on the rights that have been given to you in your user role on the GroupShare server, I strongly suggest that you contact the project manager of the client who is running the GroupShare server. He should be able to sort out your problem and if he is not, then he should contact SDL support (running a GS server, he surely has a support contract).

It is not possible for me with the little information you gave here to help you solve the problem.

Walter
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

HELP! SDL Trados Studio 2014 warning

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »