Thread poster: Nicolas Chaffaut
Nicolas Chaffaut
Nicolas Chaffaut  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:33
English to French
+ ...
Mar 3, 2015

I'm currently working on a project I have created myself (i.e. not a pack I have received from a customer). This project contains 2 IDML files. I had to finalise one of both to deliver it, which worked. Since then, a message occurs when I try to open the 2nd one: the file format isn't supported. That's strange because I started to translate this file before cleaning the 1st and had no problem. I tried to create a new project with this file. It worked BUT all the segments I had already translated... See more
I'm currently working on a project I have created myself (i.e. not a pack I have received from a customer). This project contains 2 IDML files. I had to finalise one of both to deliver it, which worked. Since then, a message occurs when I try to open the 2nd one: the file format isn't supported. That's strange because I started to translate this file before cleaning the 1st and had no problem. I tried to create a new project with this file. It worked BUT all the segments I had already translated weren't pre-translated (even a context search doesn't work).
I'm lost... Thanks for your help!
Collapse

Nicolas Chaffaut
Nicolas Chaffaut  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:33
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved Mar 4, 2015

I finally "self-solved" this problem.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 SP2R - Wrong file format

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »