Regular Expressions
Thread poster: Val1
Val1
Val1
Croatia
Mar 31, 2015

Hey guys,

if I want to QA check some abbreviations, for example that for "DE" (for Germany) there is also "DE" in the translation, how would you do that?

I have so far:

Source: \bDE\b
Target: \bDE\b
Condition: Report if source matches but not target
Ignore case unticked.

But I presume this will be problematic? For example, it will report an error if there e.g. "DECIDE" in original, and there is no "DE" letter combination in th
... See more
Hey guys,

if I want to QA check some abbreviations, for example that for "DE" (for Germany) there is also "DE" in the translation, how would you do that?

I have so far:

Source: \bDE\b
Target: \bDE\b
Condition: Report if source matches but not target
Ignore case unticked.

But I presume this will be problematic? For example, it will report an error if there e.g. "DECIDE" in original, and there is no "DE" letter combination in the translation? How do I have it check "DE" only if it is a word in itself? That can be followed/preceeded by interpunction/spaces or stand on its own, but not by letters or numbers for instance.

Thanks a lot!
Collapse

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:42
English to Hungarian
+ ...
\b Mar 31, 2015

You have already done that with the \b. That stands for "word boundary". \bDE\b will match " DE." or "-DE-" but it will not match DECISION. It will probably not match "2DE3" either, but you can probably live with that.

Val1
Val1
Croatia
TOPIC STARTER
Regex Mar 31, 2015

Nice! Thanks a lot!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Regular Expressions

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »