Problem with convert a TMX to SDLTM
Thread poster: elmnas
elmnas
elmnas
Sweden
Apr 1, 2015

Hi people

While I creating a project I want to create a SDLTM memory from a TMX file.

I get this error

sdl trados studio 2014 object reference not set to an instance of an object

http://i.imgur.com/ADMEPpy.png

Could someone help me?

Thank you in advance

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:02
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Restart Studio Apr 1, 2015

Try restarting Studio. This seems to be a fairly common Studio error message, but exiting and restarting Studio often works for me.

[Edited at 2015-04-01 12:49 GMT]

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 09:02
French to German
+ ...
You opened the TMX as translatable file instead of creating a TM Apr 2, 2015

Looking at your screenshot, you added the TMX file as a translatable file to your project, which obviously will not work.

When creating your project, open the file you want to translate (your source file in WORD, Excel, ID, FM or whatever supported format), then "create" a new TM, giving it a name and storing it in a folder of your choice, select the TM you just created in the list of TMs in the project settings and click on "Import" to import the TMX into your newly created TM.
... See more
Looking at your screenshot, you added the TMX file as a translatable file to your project, which obviously will not work.

When creating your project, open the file you want to translate (your source file in WORD, Excel, ID, FM or whatever supported format), then "create" a new TM, giving it a name and storing it in a folder of your choice, select the TM you just created in the list of TMs in the project settings and click on "Import" to import the TMX into your newly created TM.

You may also create the TM separately from your project in the view "Translation Memories" and afterwards assign it to your project.

Walter
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with convert a TMX to SDLTM

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »