A.K Janjelo
A.K Janjelo
Lebanon
Arabic to English
+ ...
Apr 1, 2015

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Hello all,

I have a basic question and he reason for it is that I am still making my way with Trados 2014.

The project manager said it is ok to do my project on the Trados that I have as long as she gets the TM.

My 2 questions are:

1- How to make the TM and properly give her what she is asking for?

2- I have 7 files to do, 2 are down and 5 to go inshaAllah.

Is it t
... See more
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Hello all,

I have a basic question and he reason for it is that I am still making my way with Trados 2014.

The project manager said it is ok to do my project on the Trados that I have as long as she gets the TM.

My 2 questions are:

1- How to make the TM and properly give her what she is asking for?

2- I have 7 files to do, 2 are down and 5 to go inshaAllah.

Is it too late to make the TM she is asking for?

Looking forward for your answers and thank you in advance.

AK
Collapse

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 16:48
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Create and attach a new TM Apr 1, 2015

I would create a new TM, and attach it to the project.

When I am finished with the translation, I select all the files in the project and have it update the TM (right click the project or files, and select: Update translation memories or whatever it's called).

By the way, I am surprised she asks for the TM and not to have the sdlxliff files back. After all, she can do this operation herself and have the project input in whatever TM she prefer.

[Edited at 2015-04-
... See more
I would create a new TM, and attach it to the project.

When I am finished with the translation, I select all the files in the project and have it update the TM (right click the project or files, and select: Update translation memories or whatever it's called).

By the way, I am surprised she asks for the TM and not to have the sdlxliff files back. After all, she can do this operation herself and have the project input in whatever TM she prefer.

[Edited at 2015-04-01 17:04 GMT]
Collapse

A.K Janjelo
A.K Janjelo
Lebanon
Arabic to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
This is helpful. Apr 1, 2015

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Hello Roy and thank you,
Your answer was helpful especially the last part.
Looking forward to hear more suggestions from other colleagues.
Regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Projet Manager is asking for TM!

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »