Autosuggest Creator Add-on - Where do I get it?
Thread poster: Soraya Guimarães Hoepfner
Soraya Guimarães Hoepfner
Soraya Guimarães Hoepfner  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:43
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Apr 16, 2015

Hi,

I have recently upgraded my Trados Starter to Freelance version.

I got this email from SDL giving me 2 activation codes, one for the Studio, one for the so-called

Autosuggest Creator Add-on. but, where to get it?

On my download section on my account, there is no specific file for this (only the Studio). Inside trados, I see no tab, pane indicating how to add Add-ons.

Links in the nice email sent after my bought are broken...... See more
Hi,

I have recently upgraded my Trados Starter to Freelance version.

I got this email from SDL giving me 2 activation codes, one for the Studio, one for the so-called

Autosuggest Creator Add-on. but, where to get it?

On my download section on my account, there is no specific file for this (only the Studio). Inside trados, I see no tab, pane indicating how to add Add-ons.

Links in the nice email sent after my bought are broken...

Translation zone talks about how to use it, no info how to first of all get it.

I have lost by now about 1 hour searching everywhere, no sign of any file to try, install, or where to click to active,

What am I missing here? Where this activation code for Autsuggest Creator Add-on goes?
Collapse

Included with the Activation Code Apr 16, 2015

Hi Soraya,

the Autosuggest Creator add-on you receive with the current offer is included in the Activation code you are provided with for 2014.

If you load the "licenses" section of your account, then select the "Show Details" option to the bottom left of the 2014 activation code, you will see it will expose the AS Creator add-on advice.

Please let me know if you require any further assistance with this?

Kind Regards,

Steve Barlo
... See more
Hi Soraya,

the Autosuggest Creator add-on you receive with the current offer is included in the Activation code you are provided with for 2014.

If you load the "licenses" section of your account, then select the "Show Details" option to the bottom left of the 2014 activation code, you will see it will expose the AS Creator add-on advice.

Please let me know if you require any further assistance with this?

Kind Regards,

Steve Barlow

SDL Customer Experience Executive.
Collapse

Germany
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
no success Apr 16, 2015

Hi Steve,

thank you very much, but under "Details" there is nothing there apart from a single line (no hyperlink whatsoever) saying:

With:
SDL AutoSuggest Creator Add-on

That is it.

I did get an email with 2 Activation Codes, one for SDL Trados one for the Add-on, but where to find, install, implement or whatever action is required remains unknown to me. Links to support on the email are broken, I couldn't find any tutorial relate
... See more
Hi Steve,

thank you very much, but under "Details" there is nothing there apart from a single line (no hyperlink whatsoever) saying:

With:
SDL AutoSuggest Creator Add-on

That is it.

I did get an email with 2 Activation Codes, one for SDL Trados one for the Add-on, but where to find, install, implement or whatever action is required remains unknown to me. Links to support on the email are broken, I couldn't find any tutorial related to 'install/activate/use this specific add on...

As I have the activation code, all I need to know is what file to install, or from where within Trados to implement the add-on.
Collapse

Germany
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
still clueless Apr 20, 2015

Hello Steve and everyone,

I am still clueless.
This add-on. Where to find it? Or how to activate it?
Why it has a separate license number, suggesting it should be installed/activated manually? If it is already there, included in the upgrade, in what Tab, section of the software program I find it?

Where to find specific instructions about Autosuggest Add-on?

SDL_Steve
SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:43
English to Arabic
Autosuggest Apr 20, 2015

Ho Soraya,

This is Steve Whale from SDL.

After checking your account I can see you activated Studio 2014 and Autosuggest on the 16th April.
The AS function is now integrated in to your Studio 2014 activation meaning that you do not need to separately active AS anymore.

If you need further assistance- please do get in contact

Kr

Steve

Germany
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
locating it, activating it or just using it Apr 20, 2015

Hi Steve,

thank you for checking this. so, I have it activated automatically? Good, but where is it then? In what tab, how do I locate this feature?
the add-on is advertised as an extra, it even has its own license number, but I am still not grasping it. You know, before posting I have spent sometime researching, (KB, trados internal help) with no success.

Would you mind to share specific instructions or pointing me to a walkthrough? Basically, let us say I would
... See more
Hi Steve,

thank you for checking this. so, I have it activated automatically? Good, but where is it then? In what tab, how do I locate this feature?
the add-on is advertised as an extra, it even has its own license number, but I am still not grasping it. You know, before posting I have spent sometime researching, (KB, trados internal help) with no success.

Would you mind to share specific instructions or pointing me to a walkthrough? Basically, let us say I would like to use this add-on, where to start? how to locate it?
Collapse

SDL_Steve
SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:43
English to Arabic
Autosuggest Apr 20, 2015

Simply log in to your SDL account- Licenses. Then under Studio 2014 and 'NOTES' you will see that Autosuggest is already active in your SDL Studio 2014 software.
Please take a look at the following guide on how to get the best out of Autosugges
... See more
Simply log in to your SDL account- Licenses. Then under Studio 2014 and 'NOTES' you will see that Autosuggest is already active in your SDL Studio 2014 software.
Please take a look at the following guide on how to get the best out of Autosuggest

http://producthelp.sdl.com/SDL%20Trados%20Studio/client_en/Setting_Preferences/AutoSuggest/Pref_Overview_AutoSuggest.htm

Kr
Steve
Collapse

Germany
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
a terminology issue Apr 20, 2015

Hi Steve,

thank you, that is exactly what I was trying to find out, I guess the source of the problem is that SDL may have relabelled to 'Autosuggest Creator Add-on' (so I was expecting it as an add-on somewhere to either install or activate via separate license key number I received), but help/documentation seems to be not updated, so i could not find anything under this name.

Now I see, simply, under Options, something called 'Autosuggest Dictionaries'... referred gen
... See more
Hi Steve,

thank you, that is exactly what I was trying to find out, I guess the source of the problem is that SDL may have relabelled to 'Autosuggest Creator Add-on' (so I was expecting it as an add-on somewhere to either install or activate via separate license key number I received), but help/documentation seems to be not updated, so i could not find anything under this name.

Now I see, simply, under Options, something called 'Autosuggest Dictionaries'... referred generally in the useful link you sent as 'Autosuggest editing feature'. I got it and I will try it on!

Best,
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Autosuggest Creator Add-on - Where do I get it?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »