Termbase problem: Index not specified (Trados 2011)
Thread poster: Julia Turner
Julia Turner
Julia Turner  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:37
French to English
+ ...
Apr 24, 2015

Hello everyone, I really hope somebody can help me because I'm tearing my hair out!

A termbase which I have used successfully with previous projects now doesn't seem to work. In termbase viewer the languages appear the wrong way around. When I go into Project Setting>Termbases I see that my project language indexes are not specified, but I can't work out why.

I don't know whether I have to change something in Multiterm or in Trados, I've tried creating a new termbase bu
... See more
Hello everyone, I really hope somebody can help me because I'm tearing my hair out!

A termbase which I have used successfully with previous projects now doesn't seem to work. In termbase viewer the languages appear the wrong way around. When I go into Project Setting>Termbases I see that my project language indexes are not specified, but I can't work out why.

I don't know whether I have to change something in Multiterm or in Trados, I've tried creating a new termbase but I have the same problem. Does this mean the problem is with the project rather than the termbase?

Any suggestions will be appreciated

Thanks
Collapse

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Do the languages match? Apr 24, 2015

Hi Julia

Does your termbase include the two languages of your Studio project?
Try in Studio to remove the termbase and then to add it on again. When you do this, Studio will issue a message telling you that the indexes have been adjusted. Check what happens at this stage.

Walter

Julia Turner
Julia Turner  Identity Verified
Spain
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Apr 24, 2015

Incredible...I just removed all the termbases (checked and unchecked) I had in the project setting window and added my current terbase again...and it worked!

I can't believe I spent all morning stressing over this!

Thank you very much Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Termbase problem: Index not specified (Trados 2011)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »