Beate Lutzebaeck
Beate Lutzebaeck  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 19:06
English to German
+ ...
May 3, 2015

Hi there,

The functionality for upgrading legacy translation memories in Studio 2014 SP2 no longer includes the "Remove" button to remove existing fields, even though SP1 still contains this function.

This must be a bug, as the Online Help that comes with Studio 2014 SP2 describes this function:

"Fields Tab
The Fields tab lists the existing custom fields in the translation memories that you are upgrading.
To remove a field, select the
... See more
Hi there,

The functionality for upgrading legacy translation memories in Studio 2014 SP2 no longer includes the "Remove" button to remove existing fields, even though SP1 still contains this function.

This must be a bug, as the Online Help that comes with Studio 2014 SP2 describes this function:

"Fields Tab
The Fields tab lists the existing custom fields in the translation memories that you are upgrading.
To remove a field, select the field and click Remove. Removing a field deletes all corresponding fields values from the translation units as well."

I would include a screenshot in my post to illustrate the absence of the Remove button if I knew how to upload the screenshot.

Has anyone come across this problem, is SDL aware of it, and will this be rectified in Studio 2015?

Thanks in advance,
Beate
Collapse

SDL_Steve
SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:06
English to Arabic
Upgrading translation memories in Studio 2014 SP2 - Remove button is missing Jul 24, 2015

Hi Beate,

Sorry for the delay-

The functionality you mention is available in both Studio 2014 SP2 and Studio 2015 – rather than using a remove button to remove the fields you do not want to be upgraded all you need to do is select the field you want to remove and then click on the ‘Delete’ key on your keyboard – these fields will then be removed from the upgrade process.

Kr

Steve

Beate Lutzebaeck
Beate Lutzebaeck  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 19:06
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Only works for "Text" type fields Jul 27, 2015

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your suggestion. However, this works only for custom fields of the “Text” type, not for fields of the “List” type. For “List” type fields, hitting the Delete key on the keyboard only removes the content of the field, but not the field itself. If I navigate away from the field (by clicking on the "Finish" button for example), I get the message "Please specify a field name".

Using "Delete" on my keyboard to remove “List” type fields
... See more
Hi Steve,

Thank you for your suggestion. However, this works only for custom fields of the “Text” type, not for fields of the “List” type. For “List” type fields, hitting the Delete key on the keyboard only removes the content of the field, but not the field itself. If I navigate away from the field (by clicking on the "Finish" button for example), I get the message "Please specify a field name".

Using "Delete" on my keyboard to remove “List” type fields only deletes the field name but not the field itself (and not the corresponding field values from the translation units either).

My belief that the lack of the "Remove" button is an unintended glitch is also borne out by the fact that the Online Help that comes with Studio 2014 SP2 describes the Remove button function (as I pointed out in my initial post):

"Fields Tab
To remove a field, select the field and click Remove. Removing a field deletes all corresponding fields values from the translation units as well."

Any thoughts?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Upgrading translation memories in Studio 2014 SP2 - Remove button is missing

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »