Error: Failed to save target content: The given key was not present in the dictionary
Thread poster: Zuzana Sajbanova
Zuzana Sajbanova
Zuzana Sajbanova  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:07
English to Slovak
+ ...
May 21, 2015

When I try to save target content in SDL Sudio 2014, I get the message "Failed to save target content: The given key was not present in the dictionary" Original file format is MS Word 2007. Any ideas what could possibly be the problem?
Thank you in advance.

Sian Cooper
Sian Cooper  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Some questions on your problem May 22, 2015

Hi, Zuzana. I don't have a specific answer, but I hate seeing issues like this sitting with NO replies!

I wondered if you had fiddled around and found your own answer and if so whether you could share it, it may be useful to us all

My first port of call would be to check the Word file types settings - I'm not sure what for, I'd just go through them for inspiration and see what happened if I changed someth
... See more
Hi, Zuzana. I don't have a specific answer, but I hate seeing issues like this sitting with NO replies!

I wondered if you had fiddled around and found your own answer and if so whether you could share it, it may be useful to us all

My first port of call would be to check the Word file types settings - I'm not sure what for, I'd just go through them for inspiration and see what happened if I changed something...

I am wondering if this is a MultiTerm issue (since it mentions dictionary); and I wonder if you have recently applied the latest 2014 update, or upgraded your Java version? I have a colleague who has issues with MultiTerm right now who has recently done both of those things - her MultiTerm can no longer find its plugins default directory.

Otherwise, do you have/use Cloud dictionaries? I use the Cloud MT service, but don't use any specific dictionaries, but it might be that.

Sorry not to be of more help, just random suggestions really.

Good luck!
Collapse

Ümit Karahan
Ümit Karahan  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 22:07
English to Turkish
+ ...
The same problem exists May 24, 2015

Hi,

It started to give the same warning to me today. I had never sen this before. It saves one of my files in word, but for the other one it gives the same error.

I hope someone around from SDL deal with us.

Ümit Karahan
Ümit Karahan  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 22:07
English to Turkish
+ ...
It became normal May 24, 2015

Since my last post, i closed and opened the software a few times and the problem has gone. "save target as" worked and saved my document as word. I think SDL did not feel like itself for a few minutes.

Samuel Woodward
Samuel Woodward  Identity Verified
France
French to English
Same problem! Sep 6, 2016

After purchasing Studio 2015 a couple of weeks ago, I've already had a couple of errors that have caused me serious problems with my client. This is the latest one. I'd love to know if anyone has a solution.

Ironically, I only opted for Trados because my most important clients use it. But I have to say, I'm hugely disappointed with this software, which appears to be a buggy mess, and am considering asking for my money back and getting DV instead.

SDL_Steve
SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:07
English to Arabic
SDL Community support Sep 6, 2016

Hi Samuel,

I just saw your post on the old thread.
Please feel free to join the SDL community which is now staffed around the clock by both industry and SDL professionals.
Our community is FREE for all users to ask and to be able to help others too and no support contract is needed either.

http://xl8.one

Kr

SDL_Steve

Samuel Woodward
Samuel Woodward  Identity Verified
France
French to English
RE: Community Sep 6, 2016

Thanks Steve, I'll take a look

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error: Failed to save target content: The given key was not present in the dictionary

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »