Is it possible to switch source and target languages of TM?
Thread poster: keiko miyazaki
keiko miyazaki
keiko miyazaki
Canada
Local time: 16:27
English to Japanese
+ ...
Jul 2, 2015

I have a problem with my TM, the source language is English and target language is Japanese, but it seems that originally, the texts were in Japanese and translated into English. Now they want to make some update, and this time, the text is in English to be translated into Japanese...so naturally, I have TM with Japanese as source language and English as target language.

Is it possible to switch source and target languages of TM to be used in Trados 2014? I really need some help her
... See more
I have a problem with my TM, the source language is English and target language is Japanese, but it seems that originally, the texts were in Japanese and translated into English. Now they want to make some update, and this time, the text is in English to be translated into Japanese...so naturally, I have TM with Japanese as source language and English as target language.

Is it possible to switch source and target languages of TM to be used in Trados 2014? I really need some help here...because of different time zone, I cannot ask my client about it...but I need to deliver them within a day!
Collapse

Alexander Somin
Alexander Somin
Local time: 23:27
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
AnyTM or built-in Jul 2, 2015

You may experiment with AnyTM from the SDL App Store for Studio 2014. As I understand it, this feature is available in Studio 2015 (as a built-in feature).

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 22:27
French to German
+ ...
Create a reversed TM and open it using AnyTM Jul 2, 2015

Hi

As Alexander already suggested you can open TMs with different language pairs using the OX app AnyTM (or using Studio 2015 which has this feature inbuilt).

If you have AnyTM installed, open your new document that is Japanese-English and assign your English-Japanese TM in your Project Settings, AnyTM will ask you if you want to create a reversed TM, meaning Japanese-English. If you answer "YES", AnyTM will create this TM for you on the fly and passing it to th
... See more
Hi

As Alexander already suggested you can open TMs with different language pairs using the OX app AnyTM (or using Studio 2015 which has this feature inbuilt).

If you have AnyTM installed, open your new document that is Japanese-English and assign your English-Japanese TM in your Project Settings, AnyTM will ask you if you want to create a reversed TM, meaning Japanese-English. If you answer "YES", AnyTM will create this TM for you on the fly and passing it to the project. In addition, it will update both TMs from now on.

You could also choose to create this reversed Japanese-English TM manually. To do this, export the contents of your existing TM, then create a new TM with the reversed language pair and import the export file you just generated.

Walter
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible to switch source and target languages of TM?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »