Abdi Y Abdi  Identity Verified
Kenya
Local time: 10:54
Member (2014)
English to Somali
+ ...
Jul 3, 2015

Dear colleagues

I just upgraded my SDL Trados Studio 2014 Freelance Plus to SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance Plus (2 computers)

I have activated in offline one PC and then tried to activate my second PC then it rejected, then I deactivated the one I already activated and tried to reactivate both PCs, it rejected both now I am stuck I have nothing to use, the upgraded activation code is not working anymore the error massage (activation failed activation not allowed as r
... See more
Dear colleagues

I just upgraded my SDL Trados Studio 2014 Freelance Plus to SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance Plus (2 computers)

I have activated in offline one PC and then tried to activate my second PC then it rejected, then I deactivated the one I already activated and tried to reactivate both PCs, it rejected both now I am stuck I have nothing to use, the upgraded activation code is not working anymore the error massage (activation failed activation not allowed as remaining quantity is 0) this means the activation code is been used in other PC while my licences are not activated in my studio

In my sdl account I can still see the new activation code but are not available, I have been trying to contact with SDL staff but no respond to my queries anyone can give advice in this matter or even a contact of sdl that can help me with this matter

Any advice will be highly appreciated

Best

[Edited at 2015-07-04 06:06 GMT]
Collapse

Abdi Y Abdi
Abdi Y Abdi  Identity Verified
Kenya
Member (2014)
English to Somali
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved SDL licensing issues Jul 6, 2015

Hi all

I have solved my issues with SDL licencing team

Best

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Previous version activation gone Jul 6, 2015

I just activated my copy of SDL Trados 2015 by returning the license. I had to deactivate the previous 2011 and 2014 versions to get new activation code. Now they don't work. 2015 does, but 2011 and 2014 do not. How can I re-activate my previous versions?

I followed your instruction step by step.
For Studio 2011/2014 licenses: Go to your SDL Trados Studio application. Click on Help > Product Activation > Deactivate

...And at the end of your instruction I f
... See more
I just activated my copy of SDL Trados 2015 by returning the license. I had to deactivate the previous 2011 and 2014 versions to get new activation code. Now they don't work. 2015 does, but 2011 and 2014 do not. How can I re-activate my previous versions?

I followed your instruction step by step.
For Studio 2011/2014 licenses: Go to your SDL Trados Studio application. Click on Help > Product Activation > Deactivate

...And at the end of your instruction I found a surprise note:
* Customers upgrading their SDL Trados Studio Freelance Edition to Studio 2015 Freelance who don’t deactivate their license can continue to run the Studio 2009/2011/2014 application alongside Studio 2015. Your previous version (2009/2011/2014) will be marked as inactive in your SDL Account and will be automatically removed once the license has been deactivated.

Are you kidding? You instruction made me deactivate the previous versions!
If it works in this way, you should state DO NOT take this step but not "this step is not necessary".
So what do I do now???

[Edited at 2015-07-06 21:09 GMT]
Collapse

Marek Hajdukowicz
Marek Hajdukowicz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 09:54
German to Polish
+ ...
@Stepan I did the same and lost my previous Studio Jul 18, 2015

Hallo, I installed Studio 2015 using the same instruction as you and also deactivated my Studio 2014 license. I was as angry as you, when I noticed, that my previous Studio 2014 license disappeared and that there was no need for deactivation. I asked the SDL stuff to reactivate my license, but unfortunately they answer within 3 days. I hope they will do it. What is worse, my Studio 2015 doesen't work (the installation process went without any errors). So I am now without Studio.

Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
I have a PSMA - but where is my license? Jul 19, 2015

I decided - luckily - to play safe and update on my laptop first.

The download and installation went fine, and I now have Studio 2014 and Studio 2015 + two versions of Multiterm, which both apparently work (tho' I have not tried together with Studio 2015).

I have a 30-day trial license on Studio 2015, which looks as if it works - I have not spent much time on it yet. I want to activate the license and run it as the usual Freelance version, not the trial version. However
... See more
I decided - luckily - to play safe and update on my laptop first.

The download and installation went fine, and I now have Studio 2014 and Studio 2015 + two versions of Multiterm, which both apparently work (tho' I have not tried together with Studio 2015).

I have a 30-day trial license on Studio 2015, which looks as if it works - I have not spent much time on it yet. I want to activate the license and run it as the usual Freelance version, not the trial version. However, there is no license anywhere to activate it with.

I have a PSMA, so somewhere, there must be a license to go with the download - in fact two, as I have two downloads available and run on two computers.

I can't see them under My account, licenses, All Licenses, or anywhere.

I tried deactivating Sturio 2014 on that computer, but there was still no license that 2015 would accept.

So now I have activated 2014 again and given up - I need to work! And luckily have not tried any experiments on my main work computer... so that is still functional with Studio 2014.

I get some mysterious error message when I try to contact SDL Support, about a childnode not found... so I can't even submit a help request!

I can carry on with Studio 2014, of course, but I was looking forward to the new features, and especially AUTOCORRECT!!!
But I don't dare try any more experiments right now.

What am I doing wrong?
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Christine Jul 19, 2015

Have you seen
http://www.proz.com/post/2443906#2443906
http://www.proz.com/post/2443922#2443922
(and that thread, in general)?

Natalia

[Edited at 2015-07-19 11:44 GMT]

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
First things first Jul 19, 2015

Hi Christine,
The long thread that Natalie mentions will be helpful, but if you want a shorter read, see Paul's blog post on this subject:
http://multifarious.filkin.com/2015/07/02/first-things-first/
HTH,
Emma

Christine Andersen
Denmark
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
Thanks Natalie and Emma Jul 19, 2015

I have kept half an eye on the long thread, but not read all the posts by any means. I will check the one you highlighted, Natalie.

And Paul's blog.

It just seems like a good time to upgrade, because I am more or less between jobs, apart from a big project which I can probably transfer from the backup or just finish in 2014 while running all other jobs on the new version.

Thank you again!

Christine Andersen
Denmark
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
I took the plunge... Jul 19, 2015

I now have both versions usable on both computers
Thanks!

[Edited at 2015-07-19 19:50 GMT]

Alina Barrow
Alina Barrow
France
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
Studio 2015 install problem Jul 29, 2015

I am not going to install 2015 until all the install bugs are sorted. i just want a program to instal first time and work. i do not want to waste my time messing about with 'issues' that should have been resolved in the testing phase. Studio 2015 does not install on my PC and i am not happy about it. it is very frustrating to spend a few hours to install, fail and then reinstall 2014.

The annoying fact that SDL knows about the problem and hasn't sorted it is unbelievable.

... See more
I am not going to install 2015 until all the install bugs are sorted. i just want a program to instal first time and work. i do not want to waste my time messing about with 'issues' that should have been resolved in the testing phase. Studio 2015 does not install on my PC and i am not happy about it. it is very frustrating to spend a few hours to install, fail and then reinstall 2014.

The annoying fact that SDL knows about the problem and hasn't sorted it is unbelievable.

I will wait a bit longer to see if SDL has ironed out the install problems and continue working in Studio 2014. if not, i will ask for my money back and stick to Studio 2014 which works fine. The old addage 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it' would appear to apply to Trados 2015.

My PC is 64 bit, window 8.1, 8 Gb RAM dual core processor, so no problems with the hardware, just the Studio 2015 software.
SDL, it's your problem, please fix it. It is not for me to spend time altering my computer.
It is your job to provide a software package that loads and installs without errors.
Collapse

starlinguk
starlinguk  Identity Verified
Dutch to English
My Studio 2015 doesn't work Aug 10, 2015

Alina Barrow wrote:

I will wait a bit longer to see if SDL has ironed out the install problems and continue working in Studio 2014. if not, i will ask for my money back and stick to Studio 2014 which works fine. The old addage 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it' would appear to apply to Trados 2015.

My PC is 64 bit, window 8.1, 8 Gb RAM dual core processor, so no problems with the hardware, just the Studio 2015 software.
SDL, it's your problem, please fix it. It is not for me to spend time altering my computer.
It is your job to provide a software package that loads and installs without errors.

Studio 2015 won't work on my machine at all. There is a file missing! I've uninstalled and reinstalled it 3 times to no avail. I think I'll ask for a refund and stick to 2014 which sort of works (let's face it, that one is buggy as heck too).

María Cristina Martínez
María Cristina Martínez
Argentina
Local time: 04:54
English to Spanish
+ ...
It's happening to me now Apr 25, 2016

It's happening the exact same thing to me, the only difference is that I'm using trados studio for the first time and I just purchased the license. When I try to do the activation, it just doesn't work, should I be worried? Thank you

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with SDL Studio 2015 activation

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »