Negative figure in wordcount - Trados 2009 Studio
Thread poster: SZM
SZM
SZM
Local time: 05:38
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Jul 6, 2015

After completing a translation in 2009, the summary on the lower bar looks like this:

Translated words: 1105 (100.45%
Untranslated words: -5 (-0.45%)

In the Files view "In Revision" appears instead of "In Translation", next to the file name.
I have reinstalled Windows and Trados but the error remains.

However, if I transfer the whole Trados project to my other PC and open it there, everything is normal: no negative figures and no percentages wit
... See more
After completing a translation in 2009, the summary on the lower bar looks like this:

Translated words: 1105 (100.45%
Untranslated words: -5 (-0.45%)

In the Files view "In Revision" appears instead of "In Translation", next to the file name.
I have reinstalled Windows and Trados but the error remains.

However, if I transfer the whole Trados project to my other PC and open it there, everything is normal: no negative figures and no percentages with decimal fractions.
This is the only solution I have found until now.

This error is not fatal but annoys me.

If some of you has experienced similar error and found solution, please let me know.

Many thanks in advance.
Collapse

Umang Dholabhai
Umang Dholabhai  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 09:08
English to Gujarati
+ ...
Also in 2014..! Jul 6, 2015

I have noticed this occuring in Studio 2014 too..

Occasionally I have seen that some words remain "untranslated" on the counter even though each of the segments have been confirmed.

Nick Brisland, BA (Hons)
Nick Brisland, BA (Hons)
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:38
Member (2013)
German to English
... Jul 6, 2015

Right click on the file, go to batch tasks and run Translation Count. That should solve it. I've had this happen a couple of times before and this has solved it - it doesn't seem to be too much of a major problem in the first place.

SZM
SZM
Local time: 05:38
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Dear Nick, your solution really helps, many thanks for your help. Jul 6, 2015

Nick Brisland wrote:

Right click on the file, go to batch tasks and run Translation Count. That should solve it. I've had this happen a couple of times before and this has solved it - it doesn't seem to be too much of a major problem in the first place.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Negative figure in wordcount - Trados 2009 Studio

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »