In Studio 2014, Review mode, how I know I have already approved the segment?
Thread poster: Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa
Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa
Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 22:56
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jul 29, 2015

Hello everyone!

This has been discussed many times.

I'm reviewing a huge project in Studio 2014 with many repetitions. I'm using Track Changes on. I can AutoPropagate every segment I correct, but I can't Autopropagate a segment that I didn't correct, though approved. I don't know why Studio doesn't do this.

In this current scenario, I'd like to know how can I speed up this process so I don't have to re-read a segment I have already reviewed. Any ideas?
... See more
Hello everyone!

This has been discussed many times.

I'm reviewing a huge project in Studio 2014 with many repetitions. I'm using Track Changes on. I can AutoPropagate every segment I correct, but I can't Autopropagate a segment that I didn't correct, though approved. I don't know why Studio doesn't do this.

In this current scenario, I'd like to know how can I speed up this process so I don't have to re-read a segment I have already reviewed. Any ideas?

Thank you very much!

Heloisa
Collapse

Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa
Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 22:56
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I DISCOVERED A WORKAROUND!!! Jul 29, 2015

How rare is it, to answer our own post and give yourself the solution you need? LOL.

Apparently Studio does not like Track Changes (TC) too much. It affects the AutoPropagation in many ways. In some versions, Studio does not autopropagate segments that were changed with TC; in other versions, as in 2014, for instante, it only propagates segments that were changed, but not the ones that weren't changed, but that were approved.

What am I doing now? I'm working with the Tr
... See more
How rare is it, to answer our own post and give yourself the solution you need? LOL.

Apparently Studio does not like Track Changes (TC) too much. It affects the AutoPropagation in many ways. In some versions, Studio does not autopropagate segments that were changed with TC; in other versions, as in 2014, for instante, it only propagates segments that were changed, but not the ones that weren't changed, but that were approved.

What am I doing now? I'm working with the Track Changes OFF. When I have to correct a segment, I turn TC ON, correct the segment, and turn TC OFF again. Why working with TC? The client asked me... not happy with that, though.

Although it is NOT an ideal solution, as I have many repetitions, I believe I can go faster now!

I only hope that the SDL development team can solve this bug in the new Studio 2015 version. (BTW, where can I issue a bug in the SDL's site?)

Please share your experience about this issue with me!

Have you all a nice day!

Heloisa
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

In Studio 2014, Review mode, how I know I have already approved the segment?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »