Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:19
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Sep 30, 2015

Tools Studio 2015, Word Docx

Whenever I try to save a segment, I get the message 'Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation'. What does that mean, and more important, how do I get rid of it?

I must say that Studio 2015 is behaving very strange today. The Word files were delivered to me in Doc-extension (Word 2003). I thought that Studio 2015 could handle that format (as indicated in the extension list), but it crashed instead. After converting the Doc fil
... See more
Tools Studio 2015, Word Docx

Whenever I try to save a segment, I get the message 'Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation'. What does that mean, and more important, how do I get rid of it?

I must say that Studio 2015 is behaving very strange today. The Word files were delivered to me in Doc-extension (Word 2003). I thought that Studio 2015 could handle that format (as indicated in the extension list), but it crashed instead. After converting the Doc files into Docx, I could translate 1 file, but with the second one I got stuck (see above).

Does anybody knows what to do? (other then opening Trados 2007 again).
Collapse

Robert Rietvelt
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Observation Sep 30, 2015

I thought that the problem was the converted Word file, but it isn't. I just opened the same file in Studio 2014, and guess what, it works as a charm.

So the problem is within Studio 2015!

I am happy I can keep on working, but the problem of course is still there. What is going on?

SDL?

Robert Rietvelt
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Observation 2 Sep 30, 2015

Closed my computer and reopened it, and Studio 2015 is working again. (hallaluja).

Still my question, the message 'Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation'. Where does it stands for?

Joakim Braun
Joakim Braun  Identity Verified
Sweden
German to Swedish
+ ...
Programming quality indicator Oct 1, 2015

Robert Rietvelt wrote:

Still my question, the message 'Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation'. Where does it stands for?

An exception is an error that occurs during program execution. An invocation is a function call, and a target is the object that was supposed to handle that function call.

This type of error message should never be shown to an end user of a well-tested, stable, commercial-grade application.

Robert Rietvelt
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Oct 1, 2015

Joakim Braun wrote:

An exception is an error that occurs during program execution. An invocation is a function call, and a target is the object that was supposed to handle that function call.

This type of error message should never be shown to an end user of a well-tested, stable, commercial-grade application.

But nevertheless, it did.

Joakim Braun
Joakim Braun  Identity Verified
Sweden
German to Swedish
+ ...
Exactly Oct 1, 2015

Robert Rietvelt wrote:

Joakim Braun wrote:

(...) This type of error message should never be shown to an end user of a well-tested, stable, commercial-grade application.

But nevertheless, it did.

So we draw our conclusions.

It's not even a meaningful debug message. Good luck finding the error in the source code with zero information about the objects or location involved.

Macaron
Macaron
Local time: 08:19
English to French
filters Oct 5, 2015

if you set all the filters to 0, you will get this error message, keep one set to 1, and bingo ! it took two hours to SDL support to find this bug in Studio 2015

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Duplicated
Vladimir Sankov
Vladimir Sankov
Cyprus
Local time: 15:19
English to Russian
+ ...
What are the filters? Oct 16, 2015

Macaron wrote:

if you set all the filters to 0, you will get this error message, keep one set to 1, and bingo ! it took two hours to SDL support to find this bug in Studio 2015

Could you please explain in more details what to do exactly?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »