Valerijs Svincovs
Valerijs Svincovs  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 15:17
English to Latvian
+ ...
Oct 5, 2015

Hi all,

I am still using Trados 2007 in 2015 for some projects. Suddenly, since about 3 days ago, I am no longer able to save the target file neither using the Tag Editor command, nor cleanup function in Translator's Workbench. What happens is:
- In case of using Translator's Workbench cleanup it gets stuck at preprocessing file at 25%;
- In case of using Tag Editor the progress bar goes all the way to the end, and then remains there. I didn't try waiting longer than ab
... See more
Hi all,

I am still using Trados 2007 in 2015 for some projects. Suddenly, since about 3 days ago, I am no longer able to save the target file neither using the Tag Editor command, nor cleanup function in Translator's Workbench. What happens is:
- In case of using Translator's Workbench cleanup it gets stuck at preprocessing file at 25%;
- In case of using Tag Editor the progress bar goes all the way to the end, and then remains there. I didn't try waiting longer than about 15 minutes because I did an experiment of saving the target of some files I had successfully produced a few days ago and it's the same result now, so I'm pretty sure it's not a specific file problem.

Analyse works neither.

I also no longer seem to be able to open any Excel (.xls) files with Tag Editor: the progress bar gets stuck at about 1/4. The only way to cancel this process is to end task using Windows task manager.

I have observed that Excel launches in the background when I try to do saving or analyse because when I open Excel later it offers me to save "recovered files" - those that I tried to open with Trados. I remember a similar behaviour from time to time earlier having to do with some Excel compatibility checks, but this time I am clueless.

I have also tried disabling the antivirus, to no avail.

I read some forums and tried re-registering Trados. After doing so, the behaviour changed slightly and now instead of endless saving I get an error: Connection with server application error:
A share violation has occurred. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80030020 (STG_E_SHAREVIOLATION))

This behaviour started suddenly, I don't think I have made any software changes to my computer in the last few days. Cleanup of .doc files works.

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate, Office 2010 and Trados 8.3.0.863.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Valerijs
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Troubles processing Excel (.xls) files with Trados 2007

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »