Mengü Gülmen
Mengü Gülmen
Türkiye
Local time: 02:11
Turkish to English
+ ...
Apr 30, 2016

Hi,

I have two files, and I want to give the translation job to two separate translators, one file for each.

The files are both 250.000 characters long, but after analyzing the files, the matches account for 125.000 of one of the files. So after one file is translated, the other will only have 75.000 no-repeat characters.

What I want to do is, lock the matching segments in one of the files, and send it to the translator in that manner, so that he won't have
... See more
Hi,

I have two files, and I want to give the translation job to two separate translators, one file for each.

The files are both 250.000 characters long, but after analyzing the files, the matches account for 125.000 of one of the files. So after one file is translated, the other will only have 75.000 no-repeat characters.

What I want to do is, lock the matching segments in one of the files, and send it to the translator in that manner, so that he won't have to deal with the remaining 125.000.

Is there any way to do this?
Collapse

NeoAtlas
NeoAtlas
Spain
Local time: 01:11
English to Spanish
+ ...
Since Studio 2014… May 1, 2016

Since Studio 2014 you can filter filter by Excluding first occurrences, so you can take advantage of it:

- First open both files in Files View.
- Filter by Excluding first occurrences (Review ribbon > Display Filter group).
- Select all the visible segments.
- Lock themp up (CTRL+L).
- Finally, remove the filter by pressing Reset filters in the Display Filter group.

... Jesús Prieto ...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to lock content that repeat between two UNTRANSLATED files

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »