Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel
Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:30
Member (2005)
German to Hebrew
+ ...
May 4, 2016

I have been using Batch Find and Replace App with Studio 2014 happily for a long time. It saved me many hours of tiring work so far. I was told that it does not work with Studio 2015. Is this true? If yes, does Studio 2015 has another option to search and replace in multiple files? This feature is the only reason I have not upgraded to 2015 so far, it is extremely important to me. On one hand I hate to miss out on the free upgrade, but on the other hand, this feature is, as mentioned, very impor... See more
I have been using Batch Find and Replace App with Studio 2014 happily for a long time. It saved me many hours of tiring work so far. I was told that it does not work with Studio 2015. Is this true? If yes, does Studio 2015 has another option to search and replace in multiple files? This feature is the only reason I have not upgraded to 2015 so far, it is extremely important to me. On one hand I hate to miss out on the free upgrade, but on the other hand, this feature is, as mentioned, very important.Collapse

Sandra & Kenneth Grossman
Sandra & Kenneth Grossman  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 03:30
French to English
+ ...
You can continue using 2014 in parallel, even after the upgrade... May 4, 2016

... assuming that you still need this app.

In 2015 you can open all the sdlxliffs in the active folder (or any selected files) at the same time as one merged file and search and replace stuff in them to your heart's content.
This is a virtual merge, so you can deselect files at any time. You can also save your work in the merged file. Saving files as target, however, will save files individually and you have to confirm each file.

Don't see any need for the a
... See more

In 2015 you can open all the sdlxliffs in the active folder (or any selected files) at the same time as one merged file and search and replace stuff in them to your heart's content.
This is a virtual merge, so you can deselect files at any time. You can also save your work in the merged file. Saving files as target, however, will save files individually and you have to confirm each file.

Don't see any need for the app, or for the 2014 version, for that matter.

HTH,
Sandra

[Edited at 2016-05-04 12:28 GMT]
Collapse

Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel
Germany
Member (2005)
German to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Kenneth & Sandra May 4, 2016

Sandra& Kenneth wrote:

[Edited at 2016-05-04 12:28 GMT]

I do need the app for one reason, working with very large files in Studio (or multiple files with a large total wordcount) is still too slow. But as you suggest, I could keep both versions, and use them as necessary.

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Works for me May 4, 2016

Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel wrote:

I was told that it does not work with Studio 2015.

Do you mean the app isn't compatible? That's because it's bundled with Studio 2015 when you install it. You can find it in the Welcome view, on the left, in the list of Open Exchange apps.

It works for me.

Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel
Germany
Member (2005)
German to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You are right Emma, Thank you. May 4, 2016

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

You can find it in the Welcome view, on the left, in the list of Open Exchange apps.

It works for me.

Issue solved.

Davide Fezzardi
Davide Fezzardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2016)
English to Italian
+ ...
batch find replace not working, studio 2015 Sep 21, 2016

@Yiftah: I, too, have your same problem. In studio 2015 I found the app find /replace but when I try to run it, it doesn't work. I even tried to search for common words but it returns no results.
What kind of solution have you found to the problem you posted?
Thank you

Davide

[Edited at 2016-09-21 08:02 GMT]

Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel
Germany
Member (2005)
German to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Find and Replace Sep 28, 2016

Davide Fezzardi wrote:

@Yiftah: I, too, have your same problem. In studio 2015 I found the app find /replace but when I try to run it, it doesn't work. I even tried to search for common words but it returns no results.
What kind of solution have you found to the problem you posted?
Thank you

Davide

[Edited at 2016-09-21 08:02 GMT]

Works fine for me. Opening many files together is not always the best solution, especially when the files are large, because it slows down the software. But Find and Replace works well in my Studio at least.

Louise TAYLOR
Louise TAYLOR  Identity Verified
France
French to English
And in 2017 Feb 1, 2018

How can I do this in Studio 2017, please, without opening all the files in the project? I can't find this function.

Many thanks

Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel
Germany
Member (2005)
German to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Batch Find and Replace in 2017 Feb 5, 2018

Louise TAYLOR wrote:

How can I do this in Studio 2017, please, without opening all the files in the project? I can't find this function.

Go to the Welcome page, and there, on the left pane, you will see a list of plugins, among them (in my list it is on the top) also SDL Batch Find and Replace.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Batch Find and Replace Studio 2015

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »