Thread poster: ChiaBringhenti
ChiaBringhenti
ChiaBringhenti
Italy
Local time: 19:49
English to Italian
+ ...
May 5, 2016

An agency sent me a work in .sdlxliff file with everything you need to translate (file to be translate, tm, termbase, ecc) but it wants that I send my work back always in the .sdlxliff. This is its explanation:

"Please deliver the unclean translation (sdlxliff file) via e-mail. Do not change
the name of the files to be translated.
Filename of the zip for the target files: 080MEN_pag21_page30.mif.sdlxliff"

Could you help me with this?
Thank you in adv
... See more
An agency sent me a work in .sdlxliff file with everything you need to translate (file to be translate, tm, termbase, ecc) but it wants that I send my work back always in the .sdlxliff. This is its explanation:

"Please deliver the unclean translation (sdlxliff file) via e-mail. Do not change
the name of the files to be translated.
Filename of the zip for the target files: 080MEN_pag21_page30.mif.sdlxliff"

Could you help me with this?
Thank you in advance.
Collapse

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
sdlxliff is the format of the working file in Studio ... May 5, 2016

... so you don't need to do anything special except returning the file you are creating your translation in in Studio.

If you go into the folder where Studio is saving the files it is working with, you will find a folder with your target language. In my case it is nb_NO for Norwegian Bokmål. You will find the sdlxliff files you want to return, in this folder.

I hope the above explanation is clear enough.

By the way, the sdlxliff files there have both sourc
... See more
... so you don't need to do anything special except returning the file you are creating your translation in in Studio.

If you go into the folder where Studio is saving the files it is working with, you will find a folder with your target language. In my case it is nb_NO for Norwegian Bokmål. You will find the sdlxliff files you want to return, in this folder.

I hope the above explanation is clear enough.

By the way, the sdlxliff files there have both source and target.
Collapse

ChiaBringhenti
ChiaBringhenti
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you May 5, 2016

It's all clear. I did that! Thank you so much

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Create a .sdlxliff file

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »