Recognize custom tags in HTML content
Thread poster: Platypusss
Platypusss
Platypusss
Belgium
May 14, 2016

When I load HTML into Trados 2015, it parses all html tags starting with < and ending with > perfectly. However, the content that needs to be translated contains custom code starting with {{ and ending with }} which needs to be excluded from the translation.

I tried to add the {{ and }} as opening and closing tags at the "embedded content processors" project settings, and also looked into the HTML parser settings, but I did not succeed.

How can I teach Trados this cust
... See more
When I load HTML into Trados 2015, it parses all html tags starting with < and ending with > perfectly. However, the content that needs to be translated contains custom code starting with {{ and ending with }} which needs to be excluded from the translation.

I tried to add the {{ and }} as opening and closing tags at the "embedded content processors" project settings, and also looked into the HTML parser settings, but I did not succeed.

How can I teach Trados this custom tag?
Example: {{widget type="productwidget/price"}}
Collapse

Platypusss
Platypusss
Belgium
TOPIC STARTER
Not solved yet May 23, 2016

We are still looking for a solution for this. Maybe someone can point is in the right direction? Thanks!

SDL_ Thomas (X)
SDL_ Thomas (X)
Germany
Local time: 04:16
SDL Community May 24, 2016

Hello,

Please try out our SDL Community portal http://xl8.one
Professionals helping Professionals with all your SDL Studio questions

SDL_Thomas

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Recognize custom tags in HTML content

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »