Studio 2015: Auto substitution of dates - bug?
Thread poster: Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:46
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Oct 27, 2016

Dear colleagues,

I'm translating a text from Dutch into German. In the source file, dates are given in the format dd-mm-yyyy. These are correctly recognized as placeables. I have set the short date format to dd.MM.yyyy. However, auto-substitution inserts the date in the format dd.MM.yy.

The files I'm working on contain a couple of hundred dates and I would really like to avoid having to correct them all by hand. Also, auto propagation repeatedly inserts this kind of err
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I'm translating a text from Dutch into German. In the source file, dates are given in the format dd-mm-yyyy. These are correctly recognized as placeables. I have set the short date format to dd.MM.yyyy. However, auto-substitution inserts the date in the format dd.MM.yy.

The files I'm working on contain a couple of hundred dates and I would really like to avoid having to correct them all by hand. Also, auto propagation repeatedly inserts this kind of error again.

What's happening?

Many thanks for any hints in the right direction,
Erik

[Edited at 2016-10-27 15:02 GMT]
Collapse

Mark
Mark
Local time: 12:46
Italian to English
Natch. Oct 27, 2016

Erik Freitag wrote:

auto propagation repeatedly inserts this kind of error again
And that’s exactly why I just leave auto-propagation completely disabled: the benefit of saving time is easily outweighed by the risk of repeatedly propagating errors, both those that are entirely my own fault and those that result from the software not knowing what I want (which isn’t as infrequent as it might be).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2015: Auto substitution of dates - bug?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »