MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 18:33
Italian to German
+ ...
Dec 7, 2016

Hello,
I wonder if chosing the minimum Fuzzy Match in the Search options for TMs and also for the pre-translation batch task (which should be around 30%) will give me a bigger Project TM if I use the batch "Populate Project TM", or if this has no influence.
The reason is: I want to get bigger Project TMs to reach at least 1000 TUs for enabling the new features in Studio 2017.

Thanks to let me know,
Greetings,
Mike

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 18:33
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No... Dec 8, 2016

My experiments show that this has no influence, a Project TM is created on the base of 'secret' algorithms that extract to a certain point the keywords from your project, then it checks the main TM to fill the Project TM that is used in the search afterwards. But you have no control whatsoever in this process.
I did already such a process manually with the help of XBench in order to bypass the usage of a really big TM (more than 1 million TUs) that will slowdown the search (it was another
... See more
My experiments show that this has no influence, a Project TM is created on the base of 'secret' algorithms that extract to a certain point the keywords from your project, then it checks the main TM to fill the Project TM that is used in the search afterwards. But you have no control whatsoever in this process.
I did already such a process manually with the help of XBench in order to bypass the usage of a really big TM (more than 1 million TUs) that will slowdown the search (it was another CAT). I did extract all segments from this big TM that contain a list of my project's keywords and so I was able to work with a TM shrinked to about 300K-400K in size.

Mike

[Edited at 2016-12-08 18:32 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Populate Project TM question

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »