Megan M Smith
Megan M Smith
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:21
French to English
+ ...
Jan 18, 2017

Hello there,

I'm wondering if anybody can help me with this issue. I have already been in touch with SDL and all they did was tell me that they didn't know the answer and advised me to ask my question in a forum instead...

I already use Trados Studio 2015 SR-2 (SDLTradosStudio2015_SR2_5082.exe) and I have recently installed SDL MultiTerm 2015 SR-2 (SDLMultiTermDesktop2015SR2_1629.exe).

Frustratingly, every time I have tried to create a termbase, when I clic
... See more
Hello there,

I'm wondering if anybody can help me with this issue. I have already been in touch with SDL and all they did was tell me that they didn't know the answer and advised me to ask my question in a forum instead...

I already use Trados Studio 2015 SR-2 (SDLTradosStudio2015_SR2_5082.exe) and I have recently installed SDL MultiTerm 2015 SR-2 (SDLMultiTermDesktop2015SR2_1629.exe).

Frustratingly, every time I have tried to create a termbase, when I click 'finish' I am met with the following message: "Unable to create termbase. Class not registered"

Does anybody know what this means?

I have found a few threads with the same problem but the solutions offered, such as "Install Service Pack 1" and "uninstall and then re-install" are unfortunately irrelevant for me as I have already done both of these things.

If anybody could offer any help I would be very grateful. It's incredibly frustrating not being able to use this software which I've heard is very handy.

Many thanks in advance,

Megan

[Edited at 2017-01-18 12:14 GMT]
Collapse

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 05:21
Italian to German
+ ...
Hi, Jan 19, 2017

try this:
Navigate in the Appdata\..... folder and erase the Multiterm12 folder and the SDL Multiterm 2015 folder which contains the settings.
Deinstall your current MultiTerm (1629).
Then, install MultiTermDesktop 2015 v.1494, run it once, create a termbase, so it will write its settings on exit.
Then, de-install it.
Now install your previous MultiTermDesktop 2015 SR2 v.1629

I hope this helps,
Mike

[Edited at 2017-01-19 16:32 GMT]

Megan M Smith
Megan M Smith
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:21
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Jan 22, 2017

Thank you so much for your reply. Unfortunately it didn't work as I couldn't find the version of MultiTerm that you specified. SDL replied to me and said that they will carry out a remote session so hopefully they will be able to resolve the problem.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message when trying to create a termbase in MultiTerm

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »