Mats Wiman  Identity Verified
Suède
Local time: 07:02
Membre (2000)
allemand vers suédois
+ ...
In memoriam
Sorry to see you go! May 9, 2003

I do not understand why. ProZ is not the only discussion possibility surely.

\"ProZ seems to be now more about translation technology and that is not all it takes to be a good translator.\"

I do not understand this either, because I do not agree. The KudoZ arena to me does not seem a proof of your contention does it.

Also here, as well as in a number of other places CAT is a hot subject. Subjected to it you needn\'t be.

I loathe it but I must go
... See more
I do not understand why. ProZ is not the only discussion possibility surely.

\"ProZ seems to be now more about translation technology and that is not all it takes to be a good translator.\"

I do not understand this either, because I do not agree. The KudoZ arena to me does not seem a proof of your contention does it.

Also here, as well as in a number of other places CAT is a hot subject. Subjected to it you needn\'t be.

I loathe it but I must go with the times somehow.

In Sweden there is a project where syntax analysis is the main approach and that bears promise. Fruition is far away though.

Meanwhile I\'ll go on leaving CAT by the roadside.

I agree that you shouldn\'t have deleted your profile. Abstaining is one thing, erasing another.

Good luck and take care!

Mats

[ This Message was edited by: MatsWiman on 2003-05-09 11:10]
Collapse

Marisapad
Marisapad  Identity Verified
anglais vers italien
+ ...
I'll terribly miss you! May 9, 2003

Thank you for everything you did on this site!

Marisa

Albert Golub
Albert Golub  Identity Verified
anglais vers français
Nou , do widielnia, pan May 9, 2003

Sorry for this atrocious Polish.

Wish you success wherever you are, wherever you go and whatever you do.

Bonne chance as we say it overhere

José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk (X)
José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk (X)  Identity Verified
Argentine
Local time: 02:02
anglais vers espagnol
+ ...
Hasta pronto... May 9, 2003

Hola,

I am sorry it came to this.

Adelante, Voltaire. - remember that?

The path of high energy will make sure many of us meet again, here or there, but in the universe.

Take good care,

JL

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 01:02
CRÉATEUR DU SITE
Useful link: code of ethics/freedom May 9, 2003

Jacek,

If, as you say, you owe the members of the site an explanation, don\'t you owe them the real one? When you resigned from the moderator role, you gave one explanation. You are giving a different one now. Neither was honest.

I would have preferred to attribute your actions to a simple difference of personality and let it go at that. Unfortunately, your intentional misrepresentations, and failure to divulge biases, does damage to the reputation of
... See more
Jacek,

If, as you say, you owe the members of the site an explanation, don\'t you owe them the real one? When you resigned from the moderator role, you gave one explanation. You are giving a different one now. Neither was honest.

I would have preferred to attribute your actions to a simple difference of personality and let it go at that. Unfortunately, your intentional misrepresentations, and failure to divulge biases, does damage to the reputation of this site, its users and its moderators. I am therefore obliged to point out that:

(1) There has been no retroactive purging of the KudoZ or forum databases. (Of course, you know that.)

(2) The \"no politics\" rule has been in existence since the beginning; it was you who changed your stance. For almost three years you accepted the rule implicitly, and for about three months you accepted it explicitly. What changed? Specifically, what changed yesterday?

(3) You now work for another site, a competitor of ProZ.com. You have actively recruited members from this site to that one. You have reposted jobs originally posted here without making appropriate copyright notice. You have defamed the site, and me personally, and made private communications public.

I don\'t intend to say much more on this matter. Debate will get us nowhere, and I prefer to spend my working hours making this site better. Likewise, I suggest you spend your time making your new site better. But if you intend to claim the moral high ground, here is a link you might find useful. It contains excerpts from the codes of ethics of journalists in 60 countries: http://www.presswise.org.uk/Freedom.htm

In closing, here is one excerpt, from our French colleagues:

--------------------------

A journalist worthy of the name

* does not make use of the freedom of the press with profit-seeking intentions;

--------------------------
Collapse

Pages sur ce sujet:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Goodbye!

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »