Translation of a web page
Thread poster: Kirsten Larsen (X)
Kirsten Larsen (X)
Kirsten Larsen (X)
Spain
Spanish to Danish
+ ...
Jan 29, 2016

A client has asked me to translate his web page. No file available. Just the web page. Which programs would you recommend me to use? I feel pretty lost right now not knowing how to get started.....

Thank you so very much in advance.

Kirsten

Nicole Coesel
Nicole Coesel  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 03:45
Member (2012)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Kirsten Jan 29, 2016

Sorry to say, but imho, that is not professional behaviour on the part of your customer. It is your job to translate, not to deal with technical issues.

Your customer should provide you with the files, after which you can get started.

That is my take ... just bounce the ball back in a friendly manner

claude-andrew
claude-andrew  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:45
English to French
+ ...
Ask the client for text Jan 29, 2016

All the many web sites I've translated have always been provided by the client in the form of Excel, xml, docx or rtf files. It is not standard practice to expect the translator to provide a fully functional website in the target language.
CAT applications do exist to handle websites directly, but are expensive.

There has been a
... See more
All the many web sites I've translated have always been provided by the client in the form of Excel, xml, docx or rtf files. It is not standard practice to expect the translator to provide a fully functional website in the target language.
CAT applications do exist to handle websites directly, but are expensive.

There has been a previous similar question:
http://www.proz.com/forum/cat_tools_technical_help/261332-website_translation_software.html
Collapse

Kirsten Larsen (X)
Kirsten Larsen (X)
Spain
Spanish to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you so very much, Nicole and Claude-Andrew Jan 29, 2016

for your replies. This subject had really become a problem for me. I now know what to do.
Thank you, dear colleagues.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation of a web page

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »