Wordfast Classic for Mac Shortcuts
Thread poster: Kaig
Kaig
Kaig
Poland
Local time: 22:54
Jan 12, 2021

Hi,

I use Wordfast Classic on Word for Mac and the toolbar disappeared again. I'm having a very hard time trying to recover it. In the meantime, I'm forced to use shortcuts only. Could you please advise me as to Mac versions of the most common ones?

I obviously know “next segment” and “restore source only”, but can't figure out “copy source” and “end translation session/close segment” for example.

Thanks so much for your help. Yet again…

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Kaig Jan 12, 2021

Kaig wrote:
In the meantime, I'm forced to use shortcuts only. Could you please advise me as to Mac versions of the most common ones?

Does the user manual help?
https://wordfast.net/WFC/WFC8_manual.html

Kaig
Kaig
Poland
TOPIC STARTER
Microsoft shortcuts are no good Jan 12, 2021

I’m afraid Microsoft shortcuts won’t work (I know them quite well) as my MacBook keyboard does not feature some keys, as End, Insert and Delete 😭

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Kaig Jan 13, 2021

Kaig wrote:
I’m afraid Microsoft shortcuts won’t work (I know them quite well) as my MacBook keyboard does not feature some keys, as End, Insert and Delete 😭

Well, I don't know about the latest version of WFC, but in my older version of WFC I can go Setup > UI, and there choose which icons appear on the toolbar, as well as customize the shortcuts (and see what the current shortcuts are). Does your version of WFC have something similar?

David Daduč
David Daduč
Czech Republic
English to Czech
Keyboard shortcuts in Macs Jan 28, 2021

Kaig wrote:

I wonder if the article at https://www.wordfast.net/wiki/Keyboard_shortcuts_on_Macs could help you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Classic for Mac Shortcuts

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »