你看一下论坛置顶的热帖,里面提到付款方式。

wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:00
Chinese to English
+ ...
Checks, cashier's checks, money orders ... Aug 23, 2014

IMO, regular cheques or bank drafts could be a good option for where you live. Reputable companies are good for them. But you have to do your homework beforehand, such as verifying the legitimacy of the agency/company through Blueboard type resources.

Then it's just a matter of making a trip to your bank to make a deposit. Some companies actually prefer to cut a check.

Z-Kong
Z-Kong  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:00
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
谢谢各位 Aug 23, 2014

对我来说,跨国支票是 out of the question。

也许我该尝试一下 moneybooker, 也就是skrill 了

wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:00
Chinese to English
+ ...
Sorry about the bad advice Aug 23, 2014

http://www.arcadia.edu/abroad/default.aspx?id=6007

Other kinds of checks

If you deposit any other kind of check (a $U.S. cashier's check or even a sterling draft drawn on an American bank in Britain), it could take as long as three to six weeks to clear and have the money credited to your account. This is because Bank of England regulations require that all signatures on foreign checks be validated prior to the release of the funds. A sterling draft drawn on a London bank can sometimes be negotiated more quickly because the reserves are in escrow and the signatories are known. Any other kind of check must be sent back to the U.S. for signature verification.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6831816_do-united-states-check-uk_.html

Check with the cashier on the waiting period before funds are available. The period varies depending on the bank you are using, but be prepared to wait between five and 14 days.

I see. I didn't realize it was such a hassle to cash a U.S. check in the U.K.. Sorry about the bum steer.

Rita Pang
Rita Pang  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 15:00
Member (2011)
Chinese to English
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
when quoting, include the fee Aug 25, 2014

Z-Kong wrote:

PayPal手续费可高到超过4.5%。这有点太高了。

想来讨教大家是用什么方式收款的,有什么可以推荐的吗?

When I quote and if the client tells me they only work with PayPal, I include the fee into my quote, and I tell them explicitly that that extra money is for the fee.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PayPal 收款手续费高,有其他方式吗?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »