Gyula Erdesz
Hungary
Local time: 13:17
Member (2009)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Jul 21, 2014

Dear colleagues,

In the last couple of years I processed Transit NXT projects with memoQ. I am fiddling with Deja Vu X3 at the moment and am happy to see that Deja Vu also able to handle such files. However, as far as I see, it does not import the Transit reference files in the project TM, so it seems a "half-baked" solution from Atril.

I am wondering if you can suggest me the best practice to handle .ppf package files in Deja Vu X3, including references.

... See more
Dear colleagues,

In the last couple of years I processed Transit NXT projects with memoQ. I am fiddling with Deja Vu X3 at the moment and am happy to see that Deja Vu also able to handle such files. However, as far as I see, it does not import the Transit reference files in the project TM, so it seems a "half-baked" solution from Atril.

I am wondering if you can suggest me the best practice to handle .ppf package files in Deja Vu X3, including references.

All inputs and comments are welcome.

Regards,

Gyula
Collapse

2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Reference files are normal language pairs Jul 21, 2014

Reference files are normal language pairs, have a look here:

http://cafetranhelp.com/using-legacy-translations-in-transit-projects

Gyula Erdesz
Gyula Erdesz
Hungary
Member (2009)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
any other solutions? Jul 21, 2014

Hello,

Thanks for your input. I am aware that transit references are file pairs that you can align, but I am looking for a more straightforward solution. Just like in memoQ, where you are asked during the .ppf import if the references should be transferred to the mQ project memory.

Is it possible in Deja Vu?

Regards,

Gyula

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Deja Vu x3 and Transit NXT .ppf packages

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »