Thread poster: Betiana Marasciulo
Betiana Marasciulo
Betiana Marasciulo
Argentina
Local time: 09:51
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 13, 2023

We need to translate a 200 pages document, and our client has requested a French sworn translation. Would you mind letting us know what the protocol for this Certification in France along with the costs and turnaround time associated with this process is?

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 13:51
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Betiana Apr 14, 2023

Why don’t you contact the French Embassy in your country? That’s what I would do first… Regarding the turnaround time it depends on the number of words (some pages might be very long while others not) and the complexity of the text.

P.S. I’m just trying to help you, please note that I do not translate into French.

expressisverbis

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 13:51
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Betiana Apr 14, 2023

By the way, I have done a lot of sworn translations, some short and some long, but never one having 200 pages. May I ask what this is about?

Anne Maclennan
Anne Maclennan  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:51
Member (2010)
German to English
+ ...
Contact sft Apr 14, 2023

If you contact the sft, the French translators' association, they should be able to give you details of translators "auprès de la Cour" - this is the French equivalent of a "sworn" translator in the UK. I am not one, so other than this suggestion, I cannot help you, I'm afraid. I am presuming that you want the document translated into French.

Betiana Marasciulo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sworn Translations in France

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »