Thread poster: chatterjee88
chatterjee88
chatterjee88
India
Local time: 11:07
English to Bengali
Nov 6, 2014

Hello everybody,

I am Bengali Translator. I have a thought as it is old but if it would implement then it can be fruitful for us. Now a days we all smart/unsamrt have own smartphone. But for translation project tracking we depend on Browser a lengthy process.

I wish we had proz app for Android, Windows and IOS, we could easily track our projects.

I think now is the time for sharing thought upon it.

What you think.

Have a Hap
... See more
Hello everybody,

I am Bengali Translator. I have a thought as it is old but if it would implement then it can be fruitful for us. Now a days we all smart/unsamrt have own smartphone. But for translation project tracking we depend on Browser a lengthy process.

I wish we had proz app for Android, Windows and IOS, we could easily track our projects.

I think now is the time for sharing thought upon it.

What you think.

Have a Happy weekend advance!

Thanks
Collapse

Triston Goodwin
Triston Goodwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:37
Spanish to English
+ ...
Or even a mobile optimized site Nov 6, 2014

I can see a lot of neat things that could be added to an app, like notifications whenever a job comes up or a kudoz question. Personally, I would be happy with a simple mobile optimized site. I can understand and appreciate how complicated that would be, given the size of the site and the number of members, but I would certainly appreciate it.

Roland CLEMENCEAU
Roland CLEMENCEAU
France
Local time: 07:37
English to French
Mobile-friendly website version + mobile app for both Android and iPhone Jul 25, 2015

Indeed, now halfway through the year 2015 and being a former PHP Developer, I can't help noticing how great it would be for everyone here to be able to benefit from a mobile-friendly version of this Website + a mobile app for both the Android and iOS platforms.

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:37
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
21st century? Jul 26, 2015

It would be nice to think our membership fees could contrubute to bring this site into the 21st century, even if there's an element of kicking and screaming involved. It seemed relatively "normal" when I joined in 2007 but it doesn't seem to have been updated much at all in the intervening years. I'm not interested in the window dressing of colours etc (which have been played with). But I would appreciate some fixes and some new functionality.

Andrea Garfield-Barkworth
Andrea Garfield-Barkworth  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:37
Member (2015)
German to English
A very good idea Jul 26, 2015

Yes, I think a mobile version would be an excellent idea. It would make thinks so much easier to track.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ.com mobile app for tracking

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »