Thread poster: Williamson
Williamson
Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:34
Flemish to English
+ ...
Jul 23, 2003

Is it possible to download the manually introduced terminology in the Proz-glossries and introduce them in a Trados TM memory later. I intend to make some glossaries and can either do this in MsAccess or introduce them directly in the Proz-glossaries.
However, I would like to be able to convert them into Trados.

Robert Zawadzki (X)
Robert Zawadzki (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:34
English to Polish
+ ...
Most probably it is going to be possible soon Jul 23, 2003

I started working on a converter for my own use, but it looks like many people have this problem. Probably it is going to be shareware. Now I think of terminologu databases in text files (csv), Excel and Access.

I appreciate any ideas.

Robert

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 17:34
SITE FOUNDER
Added to suggestions Jul 23, 2003

There is not a way now to export KudoZ glossaries. But is a good idea. I will add it to the list of suggestions.

Williamson
Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:34
Flemish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Both Jul 24, 2003

Not Kudoz, but the terminology with which you gain BrowniZ: If I want to add a terminology about "chauffe-bains modulants avec sécurite de refoulement" or in English "Graduated acting bath water heater with temperature cut-out" (please correct if not 100% correct) in my own terminology lists on ProZ, I create a terminology file which I would like to be available for later use in say Access,Trados or Déjà Vu.
I have to create that database manually.
I do not have it in Access or T
... See more
Not Kudoz, but the terminology with which you gain BrowniZ: If I want to add a terminology about "chauffe-bains modulants avec sécurite de refoulement" or in English "Graduated acting bath water heater with temperature cut-out" (please correct if not 100% correct) in my own terminology lists on ProZ, I create a terminology file which I would like to be available for later use in say Access,Trados or Déjà Vu.
I have to create that database manually.
I do not have it in Access or Trados, so I can not upload it.
If I create it directly in my own glossaries, I am not able to retrieve it later, so I will have to do things twice.
Of course, being able to download both KudoZ and one own glossary with regard to a particular subject area would be a big advantage.
Collapse

hirselina
hirselina
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
Downloading terminology Jun 25, 2016

I also have a question about downloading terminology. I made a number of proz.com glossaries by language. Unfortunately they are not in alphabetic order, terms appear by date of introduction in proz.com. I would like to dowload my glossaries, correct them, put them in alphabetic order and reintroduce them. It there any other way than to do this page by page, which would take ages. As a test, I downloaded some page into a Word table but I seem unable to reintroduce them in proz.com. Any suggestio... See more
I also have a question about downloading terminology. I made a number of proz.com glossaries by language. Unfortunately they are not in alphabetic order, terms appear by date of introduction in proz.com. I would like to dowload my glossaries, correct them, put them in alphabetic order and reintroduce them. It there any other way than to do this page by page, which would take ages. As a test, I downloaded some page into a Word table but I seem unable to reintroduce them in proz.com. Any suggestions? ThanksCollapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Downloading one's terminology

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »